This overnight aurora search tour is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience one of the natural world's great wonders. Upon departing Fairbanks, your first stop will be to visit the Trans-Alaskan Pipeline viewing area to learn all about this engineering marvel.
Next, you'll travel out the Dalton Highway Ã made famous by the TV series "Ice Road Truckers" Ã towards the legendary Arctic Circle.
You'll make a stop at the Yukon River Bridge, another portion of the Trans-Alaskan Pipeline System. Then you'll see Finger Mountain, which you'll see is not actually a mountain but a distinctly-shaped rock formation. Here you can walk the informative half-mile loop and take in a birds-eye-view of the Kanuti Flats.
You'll enjoy a yummy bite to eat and some hot beverages (tea, coffee, hot chocolate) during your adventure. Get excited to show off your Article Circle Crossing Certificate to all your friends and family.
As the night gets darker, it's time to start searching for the elusive Northern Lights. You will have several opportunities to take photos or simply marvel at and be mesmerized by this phenomenon.
This is an overnight tour that returns at dawn. There will be several opportunities for bathroom breaks along the way. This is a very rural area and some facilities may be outhouse-style.
View all of our Alaska Northern Lights tours
Duration: 14 hours (Roundtrip from local hotel)
- Pick up/drop off within the city limits of Fairbanks or North Pole
- Lunch, snacks and bottled water
- Tea, coffee, hot chocolate
- “Cross the Arctic Circle Certificate”
- This tour is not recommended for children under 10.
- A minimum of 4 people is required to run the tour. If minimum numbers are not met, you will be offered either an alternative tour date or a full refund.
Duration: 14 hours. Highlights:
- Pick up from local hotel within the Fairbanks or North Pole city limits
- Trans-Alaska Pipeline
- Yukon River Bridge
- Finger Mountain
- Kanuti Flats
- Arctic Circle
- Aurora Search
- Drop off within Fairbanks or North Pole
- Hotel pick-up within the Fairbanks or North Pole city limits. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not wheelchair or limited mobility accessible. Guests should be able to enter and exit a tour van with limited assistance. Please contact us with any questions about accessibility.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!