Join us on one of the most requested tours in the Fairbanks area. You'll head over to the world-famous Chena Hot Springs Resort, where you can take a soak in one of their mineral spring water pools.
The resort has two relaxing options, an indoor hot tub and an outdoor soaking pool. The outdoor pool is restricted to adults, but all ages are welcome in the hot tub. Both pools are naturally heated year-round, allowing guests to comfortably wear a bathing suit, even in Interior Alaska's below-freezing temperatures.
Chena's location is perfect for Aurora Borealis viewing. The Aurora, otherwise known as the Northern Lights, is a natural light display that can be seen in the skies above the Arctic. While we can't guarantee the presence of the Aurora, this tour runs during the best season to view them in all their glory.
This tour also includes a guided tour of the Aurora Ice Museum, which is built from over 1000 tons of ice and snow harvested from the resort. The museum is kept at 25 degrees year-round to keep its magnificent ice sculptures frozen solid (but don't worry, parkas are available for use upon request)!
Optionally, guests can enjoy the resort's restaurant, whose menu features locally cultivated vegetables and Alaskan seafood. Please note that the cost of dinner is not included in the tour.
Chena Hot Springs is about 60 miles from Fairbanks. This tour includes round-trip scenic transportation from your hotel in Fairbanks or North Pole.
Duration: 9-10 hours (Roundtrip from Fairbanks area hotel or Airbnb.)
- Pick up/drop off from within the city limits of Fairbanks or North Pole
- Admission to the Hot Springs
- Entrance to the Aurora Ice Museum
- Bathing suit
- Bath towel
- 50 Cents for the locker (2 quarters)
- Valid photo ID (required if you plan to purchase alcohol)
- If you plan to purchase dinner from the restaurant at the resort, please note this is not included in the tour price.
- Shower slippers for the hot springs (If needed)
- Children under 18 and pregnant people are not allowed in the outside hot springs, but can use the indoor pool
- We cannot guarantee the presence of the Northern Lights and refunds will not be provided if you do not see them.
Duration: 9-10 hours. Highlights:
- Transportation to Chena Hot Springs Resort
- Swim and soak
- Aurora viewing
- Aurora Ice Museum
- Optional dining
- Return transportation to local hotel
- Hotel or Airbnb pick-up from within Fairbanks or North Pole city limits. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Only folding wheelchairs are allowed due to the size of the van/bus. Please advise us in advance if you have any special requirements in relation to mobility issues.
What if I don't get to see the Aurora?
The Aurora Borealis is a natural phenomenon and we cannot guarantee its presence on your particular date. Refunds will not be provided if you do not get to see the lights. The Aurora is visible in the Fairbanks area an average of 4 out of 5 nights during the viewing season.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!