Search the wilds of Chichagof Island for brown bear and explore the whale feeding grounds of Icy Strait for guaranteed whale sightings on this exciting 6-hour combo adventure.
You will be met by your experienced guide and taken to our 40' whale watching boat at the city harbor. From there we will head out to Point Adolphus - Alaska's renowned area for whale watching. Along the way it is possible to spot bald eagles, sea lions, seals, sea otters, porpoise and other small creatures.
Your guide and driver will meet you at the harbor after the whale watching portion of your tour and take you along old logging roads in search of Coastal Brown Bear. Other common sightings include Sitka black tailed deer and bald eagles.
Please note: Bear sightings are not guaranteed. Whale sightings are guaranteed and guests will receive a 50% refund if at least one whale is not spotted. A boxed lunch will be provided on the bus. At the end of your tour you will be transported back to the cruise ship terminal.
Duration: 6 hours (Roundtrip from Icy Strait Adventure Center - Excursions Hub)
- Roundtrip transportation
- Complimentary beverages including hot chocolate, tea, coffee, soda and water
- Light snack during the whale watching portion
- Boxed lunch during the bear viewing portion
- Restrooms onboard boat
Duration: 6 hours. Tour time below are approximate:
- 10 minutes transfer to city harbor
- 2.5 hours on the water for whale watching
- 3 hours bear search
- 10 minutes transfer back to cruise ship terminal
- This tour meets at the Icy Strait Adventure Center - Excursions Hub. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not wheelchair or limited mobility accessible. During the bear search portion, guests must be able to walk a half mile and be able to step in and out of the bus.
What type of clothing should I wear?
Guests are advised to dress in layers even on warm summer days. Out on the water it can be chilly. Bring a warm coat and wear comfortable shoes. A hat, gloves, sunglasses can make all the difference in comfort as well!
Is there a restroom on the boat?
The boat is equipped with a restroom.
Will we be protected from the elements?
The boat is enclosed with outside viewing platforms/decks on the bow and stern. The boat is also heated.
Do you guarantee whale sightings?
We guarantee whale sightings on this tour. If no whales are sighted a 50% refund will be refunded.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!
Jul 2019 - DANIEL H.
Great excursion! Very pleasant and appealing. Operators are very professional.