This unique "Craft Beer & Seafood Experience" tour starts with a short but scenic ride to the largest Tlingit settlement in Alaska. Hoonah is many things in a small package: a lively fishing village, an old logging town and a beautiful place to visit.
Your tour guide will take you through the small village of Hoonah and point out the many things that make this city so special.
Your first visit will be at Icy Strait Brewing, one of South East Alaskas' hidden treasures! Using crystal clear water from the mountain streams of Chichagof Island, Icy Strait Brewing crafts several styles of beer on site. Guests 21 and older will get a token good for a Flight of 3 beers (A Light, a Medium and a Dark) and sampling of fresh popcorn seasoned with a locally sourced Kelp Blend seasoning.
Next stop is the Hoonah Beach House, with decks right on the water! Get ready for a mouth watering, sit down and enjoy full entree sized meal! This is a true Sea to Table experience! All seafood is fresh and harvested by the owners. It doesn't get fresher than this!
Humpback Whales are occasionally spotted right off the deck! All guest will receive a token good for either a BBQ Salmon meal or a 1/2 Dungeness Crab meal depending on what is in season. Both come with a side and Lemonade. Dungeness Crab will be available when in season mid June through mid August.
Duration: 2 hours (Roundtrip from Icy Strait Point Adventure Center - Excursion Hub)
- Roundtrip transportation from Icy Strait Point Adventure Center - Excursion Hub
- Flight of Beer from Icy Strait Brewing
- Sea to Table Entree with a side and Lemonade from Hoonah Beach House
- A light rain coat and dressing in layers
- Photo ID is required for 21 years and older for beer sampling
Duration: 2 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 30 minutes narrated city tour to Icy Strait Brewing Company
- 30 minutes at Icy Strait Brewing Company
- 5-10 minutes transportation to Hoonah Beach House
- 45 minutes at Hoonah Beach House
- 5-10 minutes transportaion back to cruise ship terminal
- This tour meets at the Icy Strait Point Adventure Center - Excursion Hub. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not wheelchair or limited mobility accessible. There is no storage available for wheelchairs or walkers.
What food is provided?
Provided in this tour is an all Alaskan beer, and your choice of BBQ Salmon or 1/2 Dungeness Crab meal depending on the season.
What should I wear?
Layers are always a good idea when visiting Alaska.
Where does this tour meet?
This tour meets at the Icy Strait excursions hub, which is a short walk away from your cruise ship. Detailed meeting instructions will be included on your ticket voucher.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!