The Hoonah City & Brewery Tour is exactly what you're looking for if you enjoy history, culture, and well-crafted beer. After meeting your local guide at the Excursions Hub you will set off on a ride to the largest Tlingit settlement in Alaska! Hoonah is a place filled with history and culture. Your guide will go in depth about its history as a bustling fishing village and an old logging town.
After enjoying the sights and stories of Hoonah, your guide will take to you the hidden treasure of South East Alaska: Icy Strait Brewing! Using the pristine waters from the streams of Chichagof Island Icy Strait Brewing creates specialized craft beer on site. For our guests 21 and over you will receive a token for a light, a medium, and a dark beer. You will also get to enjoy a sampling of fresh popcorn with a locally sourced unique kelp blend seasoning.
Duration: 1.5 hours (Roundtrip from the cruise ship terminal
- Roundtrip Transportation From Cruise Ship Terminal
- Flight of 3 Craft Beers (light, medium, and dark)
- Snack of Kelp Seasoned Popcorn
- Guests must be 21 and over to enjoy the beers
Duration: 1.5 hours.
- 45 minutes - Hoonah City Tour
- 30 minutes - at Icy Strait Brewing
- 15 minutes - transport to the cruise terminal
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not wheelchair or limited mobility accessible.
Are there any age restrictions?
Must be 21 and older to drink beer. All ages are allowed on tour.
Can I bring a backpack?
Backpacks, small bags, and purses are allowed on this tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Outside food and drink are not allowed.
What type of clothing should I wear?
Layered clothing and weather appropriate outer wear.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!