Are you ready for wildlife? Then get ready to head south of Anchorage along the scenic Turnagain Arm. Here, where the Chugach Mountains meet Cook Inlet, we'll keep an eye out for beautiful alpine scenery, wildlife sightings, and hanging glaciers. Our destination is the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center where we'll experience bears, musk ox, moose, elk herd, a caribou herd, and more animal friends!
These wild animals are right at home in their 200-acre habitat. Even the once thought to be extinct wood bison make for a picturesque photo with the amazing backdrop of the Chugach Mountains and Turnagain Arm.
Duration: 4 hours
- Entrance tickets
- Complimentary snack and bottled glacier water
- Hotel pick-up on request
Duration: 4.25-4.5 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 4 hour - narrated tour
- Up to 30 minutes - transportation
- Minimum of 2 passengers required to book
- This tour meets at the tour operator's office in downtown Anchorage. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to climb 4 steps into and out of the bus. There is limited space for collapsible wheelchairs and walkers. There is no storage available for motorized scooters. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
Are food and drink included?
Complimentary snack and bottled glacier water are included on this tour.
Are gratuities included?
Gratuities are not included. The suggested gratuity for our tour guides is 10 USD per guide.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!
Jun 2021 - Robert H.
This trip was fantastic! I highly recommend it. Our guide, Robbie, was very knowledgeable and friendly. In fact, everyone we met in Alaska was friendly. The wildlife we saw were great. This was our first time to Anchorage, but we will definitely be back.