Are you looking for an efficient transfer service from Whittier to Anchorage? Our half-day transfer tour can satisfy your needs! Spend an hour at the Alaska Conservation Center and enjoy the views of Portage Lake and Bird Point photo stops.
Meet your tour guide inside the Whittier Cruise Terminal after debarkation. Load your luggage and hop on our comfortable bus to start your half-day journey. Stop at Portage Lake overlook to observe the glacial lake in the Chugach National Forest of Alaska.
Next, we'll head to the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center to view Alaska's most famous animals up close in their near natural habitat. During this visit, you can take pictures of many wildlife including black and brown Bears, elks, moose, muskox, caribou, bison, lynx, and many more. Admission to the Wildlife Center is included.
Enjoy the panoramic mountain and ocean view at Bird Point and Turnagain Arm. The Turnagain Arm shoreline scenery from Alaska Route 1 (AK-1) Highway is one of the most beautiful drives in America. PLEASE NOTE: THIS TOUR IS ONLY AVAILABLE ON WEDNESDAYS, SATURDAYS, AND SUNDAYS.
Duration: 3-3.5 hours (Transfer from Whittier to Anchorage)
- Transportation from Whittier Cruise Ship Terminal to Anchorage Airport and Hotels
- Airport or Hotel (listed below) drop-off service:
- Anchorage International Airport
- Sheraton Anchorage Hotel - 401 E 6th Ave
- Hilton Anchorage - 500 W 3rd Ave
- Captain Cook Hotel - 939 W 5th Ave
- Marriott Downtown - 820 W 7th Ave
- Hampton Inn - 4301 Credit Union Dr
- Crowne Plaza - 109 W International Airport Rd
- Admission to Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
- Live tour narration
Duration: 3-3.5 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 10 minutes - Pick up at Whittier cruise ship terminal
- 10 minutes - Portage Lake photo stop
- 1 hour - Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
- 10 minutes - Bird Point photo stop
- 1.5 hours - Turnagain Arm tour by bus
- up to 30 minutes - Drop off at airport & hotels in Anchorage
- Drop off is only available at the airport and the hotels listed above. If yours is not listed, you can choose the closest location, or take a shuttle from the airport if your hotel offers that.
- This tour meets inside the Whittier Cruise Terminal. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to climb three steps into and out of the bus. There is limited space for collapsible wheelchairs and walkers. There is no storage available for motorized scooters. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
I don't know which hotel I'll be staying at yet. Can I still make a reservation?
Yes, you can go ahead and make your reservation and contact us later to update your drop off location. That way you secure your spot before the date fills up. If we haven’t heard from you within about a week of your trip, we will try to contact you.
Do you have any luggage limit per person?
No, we do not have any luggage limitations.
How many passengers does the tour bus hold?
Our shuttle buses hold up to 28 passengers.
Are there bathrooms available?
There are bathrooms at the cruise terminal and at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center. Also, the driver can always make an unscheduled stop if there is an urgent need.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!