Ketchikan offers some of the best salmon & halibut fishing in the world! This tour begins with a short 5-minute walk from the main cruise ship terminal in downtown Ketchikan. Then you'll venture out to the most productive fishing grounds in the area. Enjoy the serene waters of Ketchikan as you wait for the fish to start biting.
You'll fish using downriggers, and generally, there will be four or fewer rods out while trolling. When the fishing is hot, it's hard to keep more than two rods in the water. This practice helps the charter to cover more ground efficiently at various depths.
This is truly an unforgettable Alaskan experience that is great for groups of all ages and skillsets. Wildlife may be spotted from the boat including orcas, humpback whales, and bald eagles.
The best part? You get to keep what you catch! If you desire, the tour operator can facilitate delivery for your catch through a local fish processor. Please see the FAQ tab for more information.
Please note: prices are per group starting at 1,440.00 USD for 1 -2 guests.
1- 2 guests: 1,500.00 USD
3 guests: 1,600.00 USD
4 guests: 1,700.00 USD
5 guests: 2,000.00 USD
6 guests: 2,250.00 USD
Duration: 6 hours (Roundtrip transportation from cruise ship terminal. )
- Roundtrip transportation (Exclusion, guests docking at WARD COVE will need to take the shuttle to Berth 4)
- Bottled water, soda, and snacks
- All required safety equipment
- All fishing equipment (bait, ice, etc)
- Helly Hanson raingear
- Facilitate delivery of your catch to the local fish processor
Not included in the cost: A fishing license (25 USD) is required for clients age 16 and older. A king stamp (15 USD) is recommended during June & July *Purchase in advance at Alaska.gov to save time or bring cash for purchase onboard. Fish processing via a third party.
Duration: 6 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 45 minutes - drive to the salmon & halibut grounds
- 4.5 hours - fishing
- 45 minutes - drive back to the cruise ship
- This tour meets in at the end of your cruise ship ramp. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers. All guests docking at WARD COVE, please review your finalized ticket voucher closely and allow for ample time.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to climb in and out of the boat. Assistance is available. There is limited space for collapsible wheelchairs & walkers. There is not storage for motorized scooters onboard but they may be left at the dock. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
Do I need a fishing license?
Yes, anyone 16 or older will need to purchase a license. A King Stamp is recommended if you are salmon fishing in June & July. You can purchase in advance at Alaska.gov or you can purchase with cash on the day of.
How much will it cost to process and ship my fish?
The price will vary based on many factors: the amount, the type of fish, whether you want the fillets smoked, current shipping rates, and so on. Guests should plan on budgeting roughly 150-250 USD for the processing service.
How does shipping work?
The processing and shipping is done by a third party service. This includes filleting, vacuum sealing, freezing, storing, and overnight shipping via FedEx. Since you're on vacation, your fish will be stored in a freezer until your preferred shipment date. Overnight shipments are sent out Monday-Thursday, and you will receive your catch the following day.
Will we see any wildlife?
There's always a chance to see orcas, humpback whales, porpoises, seals, and eagles as they are commonly sighted on this tour; however, since it's not a designated wildlife tour, wildlife sightings cannot be guaranteed.
Can we keep the fish that we catch?
Yes, We can facilitate delivery at a local processor after the trip.
Is gratuity included?
Gratuity is not expected but is always appreciated. Gratuity is not included in the price.
How rough are the waters?
The waters are generally calm because Ketchikan is protected by various islands
What if I have a party larger than 6 passengers?
A party of 7 - 12 guests will need to reserve 2 boats. Per USCG regulations a maximum of 6 guests may be on board our vessel. This excursion cannot add additional people to the boat. Maximum capacity per boat is 6 guests.
What do I need to bring for this excursion?
Please bring warm, layered clothing/rain gear, a camera, sunglasses, and cash for a fishing license (if not purchased in advance).