Escape the world and the crowds with this private whale watching experience in Juneau! You will spend 2 hours on the open ocean water from the comfort of your own high-speed jetboat, dedicated only to you and your party. Not only you are guaranteed to see whales on this tour, but you will also want to keep an eye out for sealions, bald eagles, and other wildlife native to Southeast Alaska! Your knowledgeable crew and captain will attentively guide you on this adventure.
Your private jetboat can hold as few or as many passengers as you would like, with a maximum capacity of 14 passengers. With 2 outdoor viewing decks, a heated cabin, and restroom onboard, and private transportation, this Alaskan experience will allow you to explore in comfort.
Please note: prices are per boat, which holds 1-14 passengers.
Duration: 3-3.5 hours (Private roundtrip transportation.)
- Private roundtrip transportation
- 100% Guaranteed whale sightings or a full refund
- Beverages and light snacks
- Restrooms available onboard the boat
Duration: 3.5 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 1.5 hours - roundtrip private transportation
- 2 hours - whale watching onboard private chartered boat
- This tour meets in the back of the Mt. Robert's Tramway building. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to climb 4 steps into and out of the bus. There is limited space for collapsible wheelchairs and walkers. There is no storage available for motorized scooters. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
How many passengers does the boat hold?
Your private chartered boat can hold up to 14 passengers. Please note: the price of the tour is per boat, not per passenger.
Is there an inside seating area on the boat, is it heated?
There is indoor seating, in addition to the outdoor viewing platform. The interior of the boat is heated when needed due to weather conditions to keep a comfortable environment.
How close will we get to the whales?
Humpback whales and other sea animals are protected species and a safe distance of at least 100 yards must be maintained at all times according to NOAA regulations.
Are whale sightings guaranteed?
Sightings are guaranteed or you'll receive a full refund if you do not see any whales on the day of your tour.
What is the temperature on the water?
Air temperature can drop as much as 20F with the wind chill factor when viewing whales outside.
Will I see any bears on this tour?
Wildlife is abundant in Southeast Alaska and sightings are possible on any tour. Bears are often seen near the glacier during the late summer salmon spawning season, however this is not a designated bear watching tour and nothing can be guaranteed!
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Can I bring a backpack?
Backpacks, small bags, and purses are allowed on this tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Non-alcoholic beverages in a closeable containters and snacks are allowed on tour.
Are food and drink included?
Beverages, bottled water and a light snack (granola bar) are included.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!