Alaska is one of the best places in the world for Aurora viewing!
Join this small group 3-hour guided tour to search the skies for the Aurora Borealis, also known as Northern Lights. One of the world's most spectacular natural phenomenons are visible in Denali, Alaska and we'll try our best to help you experience them.
Begin the tour from your Healy/Denali area accommodations via a climate-controlled van, and journey away from the lights of town to search for the Northern Lights. The Denali area is an ideal spot for stargazing and catching elusive Aurora Borealis. Your local Alaskan guide will share the area's unique history, dynamic geography, formidable climate and separate scientific facts from fictional myth.
Throughout the entire journey, be sure to keep your eyes to the skies for Mother Nature's fireworks display, sip a warm drink, and learn how the Lights are the result of collisions between gaseous particles in the Earth's atmosphere.
This bucket list experience lets you get off at select locations for photo taking. A comfortable ride will take you back to your hotel after the Aurora viewing.
Please note: The Northern Lights are visible only during the winter months (late August to April) and sightings are not guaranteed.
Duration: 3 hours (Roundtrip transportation to and from your hotel)
- Pick-up and drop-off service to and from Healy/Denali area hotels
- Local Alaskan guide
- Minimum age: 5 years old
- Guests aged 5-17 years old must be accompanied by a paying adult
- Some walking is required on uneven and slippery ground
- Be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time
- There is a possibility of cancellation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative tour or full refund.
Duration: 3 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 3 hours narrated aurora searching and viewing
- This tour meets at your hotel. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to climb in and out of vans and move around uneven and slippery surfaces. Collapsible wheelchairs and walkers are permitted. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
Do you provide transportation to and from our hotel?
Currently pick-up/drop-off transportation service is available to and from these locations:
Aspen Haus Bed and Breakfast
Aurora Denali Lodge
Cabins at Denali
Carlo Creek Lodge
Crow's Nest Cabins
Denali Bluffs Hotel
Denali Dome Home Bed and Breakfast
Denali Faith Hill Lodge
Denali Grizzly Bear Resort
Denali Lake View Inn
Denali National Park Bus Depot (Wilderness Access Center)
Denali Park Hotel
Denali Park Village
Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge
Denali RV Park and Motel
Denali Touch of Wilderness B&B
Denali Tri-Valley Cabins
Grande Denali Lodge
McKinley Chalet Resort
Miners Market Gas Station
Nord Haven Motel
Stampede Excursions Boardwalk Office
White Moose Lodge
To request a pickup please contact the local contact number on your ticket voucher 48 hours prior departure.
How many people can go on this tour?
This tour can accommodate up to 14 guests per departure.
Do you run the tour rain or shine?
Tour operates in all weather conditions.
What type of clothing should I wear?
We reccomend wearing layers, a weatherproof outer coat, comfortable shoes and sunglasses.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!