**THIS TOUR IS NOW ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS FOR THE 2021 SEASON**
We're off to the historic Port of Anchorage and Ship Creek area where our city was born. Here you'll learn about Anchorage's colorful pioneer history, our early tent city, what life was like here before the age of modern conveniences and how Anchorage got its name.
Then we'll travel past Bootleggers Cove, stopping for a visit to Earthquake Park where you'll learn about the perils of living on the Pacific Ocean's "Ring of Fire" and see places where the ground liquefied and massive landslides occurred during the biggest earthquake in US History and 2nd largest earthquake ever recorded worldwide.
Next, we'll visit Lake Hood, the busiest seaplane base in the world - watch some of Alaska's finest bush pilots splash-land and then take to the sky outbound for nearby wilderness areas.
The Chugach Mountains are our last and finest stop. Here you'll experience Anchorage from the place locals go for stunning vistas and beautiful sunsets. Flat Top Scenic Overlook is home to many Alaskan animals including our favorite, Alces alces gigas
, otherwise known as the Giant or Alaska Moose! A short walk to the overlook provides beautiful views of the city of Anchorage and the Chugach Mountains, where more snow falls than anywhere else in the world.
Duration: 2 hours
- Complimentary snack and bottled glacier water
- Hotel pick-up on request (limited availability)
Duration: 2-2.5 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 2 hour - narrated tour
- 30 minutes - transportation
- Minimum of 2 passengers required to book
- This tour meets at the tour operator's office in downtown Anchorage. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to climb 4 steps into and out of the bus. There is limited space for collapsible wheelchairs and walkers. There is no storage available for motorized scooters. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
Are food and drink included?
Complimentary snack and bottled glacier water are included on this tour.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!
Jul 2019 - Lynn D.
Chad was knowledgeable and friendly. The tour was interesting and sort of customized since there were only 4 of us. Thanks Chad!
Jun 2019 - Roz D.
Great tour, guide was terrific and accommodating for our early flight home, such a worthwhile trip.
Jun 2019 - Catheriner W.
Tour was Great
Sharman was very knowledgeable & informative of the city & surroundings
Throughly enjoyed all our tours with you. Thank you for the terrific experience. I will certainly refer friends to you web site.