Leave the crowds behind and enjoy beautiful Alaska through the heli packrafting adventure! Hop on a helicopter and enjoy the scenic flight over the Knik Glacier on your way to the tour starting point. Guests and a guide will be dropped off at a remote gravel bar near the glaciers and rivers.
At the base of the mountains, your experienced guide will assist you in putting on your drysuit, PFD, and all of the necessary gear to complete the Class 1 float adventure. Each guest will have their own packraft which is a portable lightweight inflatable boat. You will receive a water safety briefing and paddle instruction before getting out on the water.
Float down the calm slow moving water and take in the majestic views and glaciers from a distance. Search for wildlife and enjoy your lunch on a river bank. Don't forget to take pictures with the mountainous views in the background. You will be picked up by our helicopter miles downstream from the start at the end of the day.
Duration: 6+ hours
- Experienced and knowledgeable Guide
- Rafting Instruction
- Small guided group ratios
- Personal raft
- Dry suit
- Personal Flotation Device
- Extra warm gear
- Minimum of 2 passengers required to book
- Minimum age: 18 years old
- Maximum weight: 290lbs
- Extra pair of shoes (Your shoes will get wet, bring an extra pair to change into after your trip)
- Signed liability waiver (You can sign this on-site during the safety briefing)
- Appropriate clothing per weather
- Shoes that will get wet
- Extra warm layers
- Preferred snacks
- Water bottle
Duration: 6+ hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 10 minutes - preflight safety briefing and preparation
- 20 minutes - scenic helicopter flightseeing over the Knik Glacier
- 5~6 hours - packrafting
- 20 minutes - reboard helicopter and flight back to the heliport
- 10 minutes - arrive at heliport and de-gear
- This tour meets at the Knik River Lodge. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not wheelchair or limited mobility accessible.
What is the seating arrangement in the helicopter?
The pilot balances the helicopter based on the weight and number of passengers. We cannot make any promises for specific seat because safety cannot be compromised. If you have a preference ask the pilot and when it is safe the pilot will try to accommodate you.
Will I see any wildlife or bears on this tour?
Wildlife is abundant in Alaska and sightings are possible on any tour, however, this is not a designated wildlife tour and nothing can be guaranteed.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
The minimum age is 18 years old.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
You can bring your own preferred snacks. Alcohol is not allowed on this tour.
What type of clothing should I wear?
Alaska has extreme weather conditions and it can change often. We reccomend wearing layers, a weatherproof outer coat, and sunglasses.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!