From the Alaska shoreline to the big city, you will experience the Alaskan craft beverage scene in style on this off-the-beaten-path tour. Enjoy a fully guided tour from the Alaska coastline through the mountains of the Kenai peninsula along the 114-mile National Scenic Byway, the Seward Highway. You will board the Alyeska Aerial Tram for a birds-eye view of the Girdwood Valley and surrounding Chugach Mountains before topping out at our lunch perch atop Mt. Alyeska. From 2,300ft. above the valley floor, you will enjoy lunch at the Bore Tide Bar and Deli while enjoying more breath-taking panoramic views. Next you will visit Girdwood Brewing Company for hand-crafted beers and a behind-the-scenes tour the brewery.
The journey continues with a scenic drive parallel the Turnagain Arm, with a stop at visit Anchorage Distillery to sample spirits made with Alaskan-grown barley and wheat, fresh Alaskan berries, and pristine glacier water. Rounding out our Alaska Crafted Tour will find us at one of the most popular tasting rooms in the state, Double Shovel Cider Company.
Your Alaska Crafted guide will pick you up at the Seward Cruise Ship Terminal and will finish with a hotel or airport drop-off.
With a maximum group size of 8, this small group tour ensures a personalized experience full of stories and surprises you will be sure to recount to your friends back home. This tour requires a minimum of 3 guests. All guests must be 21 years of age or older.
Duration: 7.5 hours (Transfer from Whittier to Anchorage Hotel or Airport)
- One way transportation from Wittier to Anchorage
- Local guide
- Tram Ride to Mt. Alyeska with lunch
- A minimum of 4 beer samples
- Spirit samples or 1 craft cocktail of your choice
- A minimum of 4 cider samples
- Drop-off at airport or Anchorage hotel
- Photo ID is required for guests interested in sampling beer
- Guests under 21 years of age are not permitted on this tour
Duration: 7.5 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 1 Hour - Scenic Drive from the Port of Whittier to Girdwood, Alaska
- 2 Hour - Alyeska tram ride and lunch at the Bore Tide Cafe 2 Hou Alyeska tram ride and lunch at the Bore Tide Cafe
- 1 Hour - Tour and tastings at Girdwood Brewing Co.
- 1 Hour - Scenic Drive
- 1 Hour - Tour and tastings at Anchorage Distillery
- 1 Hour - Tasting at Double Shouvel Cider Co.
- 30 Minutes - Drop-off at Anchorage airport or hotel
- This tour picks up guests at the Wittier Cruise Ship Terminal. Fully detailed instructions will be included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not wheelchair or walker accessible. This tour requires a moderate activity level. Guests must be comfortable with walking .25 miles and climbing stairs.
Are children allowed on this tour?
This tour is for guests 21 years or older. Children are not allowed on this tour.
Is this tour wheelchair accessible?
Wheelchairs and walkers are not allowed on this tour.
Are food and drink included?
All guests may enjoy lunch at the Bore Tide Cafe, beer tastings at Girdwood Brewing Co., spirit tastings at Anchorage Distillery, cider tasting at Double Shovel Cider Co.
What type of clothing should I wear?
Please wear closed-toed shoes for this tour.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!