This musher's camp and sled dog adventure is a thrilling excursion through Skagway's forests!
Discover the beauty and uniqueness of a true Alaskan pastime dog mushing! What better way to enjoy Alaska than to experience a team of powerful huskies pulling you on a wheeled cart through the great backcountry of a historic Gold Rush Site!
Hop aboard our tour van and start your excursion with a full narrative of historic Skagway as you cruise through town on your way to the Klondike Gold Rush National Park. The ride will take you along the waterfront of Dyea - a historic Gold Rush Settlement - full of rich history and outrageous scenery with plenty of opportunities to snap some breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and wildlife.
As you near our musher's camp, prepare yourself for the ride of your life on one of our custom made wheeled dogsleds, which are well suited for running on our one-mile wooded trail. Let the team mush on as you grab onto your seat for a truly authentic Alaskan Adventure!
After the ride, relax while you cuddle with some adorable Alaskan husky puppies, while enjoying a beverage as a guide fills you in on the life of a musher and his team in the Great White North!
This is one Alaskan Adventure that you do not want to miss!
Please note: Child tickets are for 2-12 year olds. Infants under 2 years old are free if they ride on an Adult's lap.
Duration: 3.25 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal.)
Duration: 3.25 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 35 minutes narrated transportation with scenic outlooks
- 10 minutes restroom break at the camp
- 15 minutes Unimog transportation to sled ride location
- 30 minutes wheeled cart dog sled ride experience and meeting the team
- 25 minutes Unimog down to camp with overlook stop
- 20 minutes presentation of dogsledding history
- 20 minutes photo opportunities with sled dog puppies and to enjoy the Mercantile, Saloon, and Café
- 40 minutes transportation from camp to dock
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to walk short distances and raise their knee 8 inches to accommodate steps into and out of the vehicles. There is limited space for collapsible wheelchairs and walkers. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
Can I pet and play with the sled dogs?
Yes, the dogs love human interaction and the musher's will let you get close and snuggly with their team.
Do I get to drive the dogsled?
No, for safety reasons you will not have the opportunity to run the sled.
How many passengers ride in the sled together?
Each sled can accomodate 6 guests.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Is there any weight restriction?
There is no weight limit for this tour. Guests must be able to walk short distances and raise the knee 12 inches to accommodate steps into and out of the vehicles.
Can I bring a backpack?
All bags must be stored at the prior to participatin on the sled ride part of the tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Non-alcoholic beverages in a closeable containters and snacks are allowed on tour.
Are there any physical requirements for this tour?
Guests must be comfortable walking short distances on uneven surfaces.
What type of clothing should I wear?
Layered clothing and waterproof clothing are recommended.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!
Want to learn more about our dogsledding tours?
Check out our blog for more details on all of the dogsledding tours we offer: Alaska dog sled tours!