Join us for a spectacular Zodiac trip exploring part of Alaska's Inside Passage leaving from the dock of Ketchikan!
During this two-hour trip, your guide will share information about the local wildlife you will encounter as you take in the scenery of beautiful Alaska.
This is an adventure and eco-tour for the spirited traveler! Rain, gusty winds, boat spray, and bumpy rides are very common. You are likely to see marine life, migratory waterfowl, and Alaskan birds of prey. Majestic whales and bears have also been seen from our rafts.
"Zodiac" is the term used for all inflatable watercraft.Our boats are Mercury Heavy Duty soft-hulled inflatable crafts. They are an exceptional heavy-duty boat built to be safe in rough conditions. These boats have proven to be the most agile and unique platform to carry small groups of people into a powerful and rare life experience on the last frontier.
Depending on the size of your party, you may even be able to pilot your own boat. We send one guide with every tour, and each boat carries 2-4 people. Every trip begins with a shuttle from the Ketchikan cruise ship dock directly to our marine outpost. You will also be provided with gear, flotation devices, and safety instructions.
Duration: 2 hours (Roundtrip from the cruise ship terminal.)
- Coutesy shuttle to and from the cruise dock
- Rain gear provided
- Personal flotation devices
- Weight requirement of 300 lb or less
- Close-toed shoes
- Maximum 4 per boat (groups are encouraged to make advanced reservations)
Duration: 2 hours
- Courtesy shuttle to the zodiac dock
- 2 hours zodiac trip along the Tongass Narrows
- Courtesy shuttle back to your cruise ship
- This tour meets at the cruise ship dock. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility and wheelchair accessible. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations will be required on tour. If operator is unaware beforehand of necessary accommodations, they may not be able to accommodate guests day-of.
What should I bring?
We encourage guests to bring binoculars, as well as your camera.
What should I wear?
Wear warm clothes- jackets, hats, gloves, and close-toed shoes.
How many people per zodiac?
There is a maximum of 4 guests per zodiac.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour..
Do you offer tours for large groups?
Definitely, arrangements of tours for groups or large families are possible. Please contact us with your group requirements.
What if my tour is cancelled due to bad weather?
All tours that cancel because of weather will be fully refunded with no fees or penalties.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!