**THIS TOUR IS NOW ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS FOR THE 2021 SEASON**
Experience Ketchikan from on top of the world! This exclusive helicopter tour highlights a landing on Anvil Mountain. Take in the 360-degree views as you fly up 1,800ft up the Canadian Rockies, landing on the mountain top. Your guide will point out the Pacific Ocean, The Tongass Narrows, and the whole town of Ketchikan for you to view and take as many pictures as you'd like.
This tour meets at the Liquid Sunshine Rain Gauge at the Visitors Center 15 minutes before your tour time.
Please Note: You must have a minimum of 2 passengers to book this tour. The weight limit for this tour is 300lbs per passenger. This tour is limited mobility accessible.
Duration: 1-1.25 hours (Round trip transportation from cruise ship terminal.)
- Roundtrip transportation
- Water, coffee, tea
- Safety equipment
- Maximum 300lb weight limit
- Minimum of 2 passengers, maximum of 6.
Duration: 1 hour. Tour times below are approximate:
- 10 minutes - transfer to the airbase
- 10 minutes - safety briefing and waiver signing
- 20 minute - roundtrip flight
- 10 minutes - on the top of Anvil Mountain
- 10 minutes - transfer back to the airbase
- This tour meets at the Liquid Sunshine Rain Gauge. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to independently get themselves into and out of the helicopter. There is a step stool available for getting into the helicopter. Additionally, guests must be willing to walk to the helicopter pad which is located about 500 feet from the office on a wooden dock. There is limited space for collapsible wheelchairs and walkers. There is no space for motorized scooters. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations will be required during the tour for collapsible wheelchairs.
How many passengers ride in the helicopter together?
There is a maximum of 3 passengers per helicopter. If your party is larger than 3 passengers, multiple helicopters will fly your group up to the landing spot at the same time.
What is the seating arrangement in the helicopter?
There are two front seats and two rear seats; FAA safety guidelines require seating positions to be assigned based on weight and balance of all passengers for each helicopter.
Will I see any wildlife or bears on this tour?
Wildlife is abundant in Southeast Alaska and sightings are possible on any tour, however this is not a designated wildlife tour and nothing can be guaranteed.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Can I bring a backpack?
All bags must be stored at the helicopter base and are not allowed on tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Food and drink are not allowed during this tour.
Are food and drink included?
Water and hot beverages are available, no other food or drink is provided while on tour.
Are there child prices?
Adult and child prices are the same for this tour.
Are there any physical requirements for this tour?
There is a 300 lb weight limit per passenger.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!
Sep 2019 - ROLAND S.
Wow, truly wonderful. highlight of my cruise. rain was just ending with sunlight beaming thru clouds. thanks so much