Combining two of our most popular Ketchikan helicopter tours, Mahoney Falls and the Top of the World tour, we have curated this extended tour for people who want the best of Ketchikan. See the amazing 1,500ft Mahoney Falls and the Tongass National Rainforest up close with a birds-eye view.
Next, your guide will take you up 1,800ft to the top of Anvil Mountain to our exclusive helipad landing area. You can see the Canadian Rockies, the Pacific Ocean, The Tongass Narrows, and the whole town of Ketchikan from "the top of the world."
The 30-minute flight plus 15 minutes on the mountaintop allows time for photos and tranquility that cannot be duplicated any other way in Ketchikan. Stay alert and search for mountain goats, marine life, and eagles on this incredible helicopter tour from Ketchikan.
This tour meets at the Liquid Sunshine Rain Gauge at the Visitors Center 15 minutes before your tour time. If you are docking at Ward Cove, please allow for extra time to take a shuttle to downtown Ketchikan. You must have a minimum of 2 passengers to book this tour and the max capacity is 3 passengers. The weight limit for this tour is 300 lbs per passenger. This tour is limited mobility accessible.
Duration: 1.5 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal.)
- Roundtrip transportation
- Water, coffee, tea
- Safety equipment
- Maximum 300lb weight limit
- Minimum of 2 passengers, maximum of 3.
Duration: 1.5 hour. Tour times below are approximate:
- 10 minutes transfer to airbase
- 10 minutes safety briefing and waiver signing
- 30 minute roundtrip flight
- 15 minute landing on Anvil Mountain
- 10 minutes transfer back to airbase
- This tour meets at the Liquid Sunshine Rain Gauge. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to independently get themselves into and out of the helicopter. There is a step stool available for getting into the helicopter. Additionally guests must be willing to walk to the helicopter pad which is located about 500 feet from the office on a wooden dock. There is limited space for collapsible wheelchairs and walkers. There is no space for motorized scooters. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations will be required during tour for collapsible wheelchairs.
How many passengers ride in the helicopter together?
There is a maximum of 3 passengers per helicopter. If your party is larger than 3 passengers, multiple helicopters will fly your group up to the landing spot at the same time.
What is the seating arrangement in the helicopter?
There are two front seats and two rear seats; FAA safety guidelines require seating positions to be assigned based on weight and balance of all passengers for each helicopter.
Will I see any wildlife or bears on this tour?
Wildlife is abundant in Southeast Alaska and sightings are possible on any tour, however this is not a designated wildlife tour and nothing can be guaranteed.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Can I bring a backpack?
All bags must be stored at the helicopter base and are not allowed on tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Food and drink are not allowed during this tour.
Are food and drink included?
Water and hot beverages are available, no other food or drink is provided while on tour.
Are there child prices?
Adult and child prices are the same for this tour.
Are there any physical requirements for this tour?
There is a 300 lb weight limit per passenger.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!