**2023 TOUR SCHEDULE COMING SOON**
Your adventure begins when you arrive at the Mendenhall Glacier Visitors Center. With 45 minutes to spend as you please, you can admire the Mendenhall glacier, walk up to the banks of Mendenhall Lake, and learn about glaciers and the science behind them.
You will be picked up and taken to Auke Bay, where you and your private party will board your very own personal whale watching jet boat! Spend the next two hours searching the beautiful Alaskan bay for humpback whales, orcas, porpoises and so much more.
For a truly memorable whale watching experience, our exclusive private jet boat adventure is right for you and your family! Holding up to 14 guests, you can avoid the crowded whale watching boats and enjoy the amazing marine life Juneau has to offer.
Please note: prices are per boat, which holds 1-14 passengers.
View all of our Juneau whale watching tours.
Duration: 4.5 hours (Private roundtrip transportation)
- Private roundtrip transportation from the cruise ship terminal
- 100% Guaranteed whale sightings or a full refund for the whale watching portion of your tour
- Beverages and light snacks
- Restrooms available while onboard the boat
- Admission to the Mendenhall Glacier Visitor's Center
Duration: 4.5 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 30 minutes - private transportation to the Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center
- 45 minutes - open exploration at Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center
- 30 minutes - transportation to Auke Bay for whale watching
- 2 hours - whale watching onboard private jetboat
- 30 minutes - private transportation back to the cruise ship terminal
- This tour meets in the back of the Mt. Robert's Tramway building. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to climb 4 steps into and out of the bus. There is limited space for collapsible wheelchairs and walkers. There is no storage available for motorized scooters. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
How many passengers does the boat hold?
Your private heated jetboat will hold 1-14 passengers.
Is there an inside seating area on the boat, is it heated?
The interior of the boat is heated when needed due to weather conditions to keep a comfortable environment.
How close will we get to the whales?
Humpback whales and other sea animals are protected species and a safe distance of at least 100 yards must be maintained at all times according to NOAA regulations.
Are whale sightings guaranteed?
Sightings are guaranteed or you'll receive a full refund for the whale watching portion of your tour.
What is the temperature on the water?
Air temperature can drop as much as 20F with the wind chill factor when viewing whales outside.
Will I see any bears on this tour?
Wildlife is abundant in Southeast Alaska and sightings are possible on any tour. Bears are often seen near the glacier during the late summer salmon spawning season, however this is not a designated bear watching tour and nothing can be guaranteed!
Will I be able to walk on the glacier during this tour?
Walking on or getting up close to the glacier is not possible during this tour.
Is admission inside the Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center included?
Yes, admission is included.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Can I bring a backpack?
Backpacks, small bags, and purses are allowed on this tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Non-alcoholic beverages in a closeable containters and snacks are allowed on tour.
Are food and drink included?
Beverages, bottled water and a light snack (granola bar) are included.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!
Want to learn more about our Mendenhall Glacier tours?
Check out our page for more details on all of the Mendenhall Glacier tours we offer: Mendenhall glacier!