Juneau Whale Watching & Mendenhall Glacier Tour Private Charter
Make memories on a private whale watching experience and visit to the Mendenhall Glacier Visitors Center
Your adventure begins when you arrive at the Mendenhall Glacier Visitors Center. With 45 minutes to spend as you please, you can admire the Mendenhall glacier, walk up to the banks of Mendenhall Lake, and learn about glaciers and the science behind them.
You will be picked up and taken to Auke Bay, where you and your private party will board your very own personal whale watching jet boat! Spend the next two hours searching the beautiful Alaskan bay for humpback whales, orcas, porpoises and so much more.
For a truly memorable whale watching experience, our exclusive private jet boat adventure is right for you and your family! Holding up to 14 guests, you can avoid the crowded whale watching boats and enjoy the amazing marine life Juneau has to offer.
Please note: prices are per boat, which holds 1-14 passengers.
- Private roundtrip transportation from the cruise ship terminal
- 100% Guaranteed whale sightings or a full refund for the whale watching portion of your tour
- Beverages and light snacks
- Restrooms available onboard the boat
- Admission to the Mendenhall Glacier Visitor's Center
- Maximum of 14 guests per private charter
Duration: 4.5 hours (Private roundtrip transportation)
- 30 minutes - private transportation to the Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center
- 45 minutes - open exploration at Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center
- 30 minutes - transportation to Auke Bay for whale watching
- 2 hours - whale watching onboard private jetboat
- 30 minutes - private transportation back to the cruise ship terminal
- This tour meets in the back of the Goldbelt Mt. Robert's Tramway building. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to climb 4 steps into and out of the bus. There is limited space for collapsible wheelchairs and walkers. There is no storage available for motorized scooters. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
Your private heated jetboat will hold 1-14 passengers.
The interior of the boat is heated when needed due to weather conditions to keep a comfortable environment.
Humpback whales and other sea animals are protected species and a safe distance of at least 100 yards must be maintained at all times according to NOAA regulations.
Sightings are guaranteed or you'll receive a full refund for the whale watching portion of your tour.
Air temperature can drop as much as 20F with the wind chill factor when viewing whales outside.
Wildlife is abundant in Southeast Alaska and sightings are possible on any tour. Bears are often seen near the glacier during the late summer salmon spawning season, however this is not a designated bear watching tour and nothing can be guaranteed!
Walking on or getting up close to the glacier is not possible during this tour.
Yes, admission is included.
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Backpacks, small bags, and purses are allowed on this tour.
Non-alcoholic beverages in closeable containers and snacks are allowed on tour.
Beverages, bottled water and a light snack (granola bar) are included.
Check out other frequently asked questions here!
On Oct 2023
Perfect!! We had a large group cruising together. The price per person for this private tour was only a few dollars more than the cruise ship tour (which packs people onto a boat). It was definitely worth it! It was everyone s favorite activity during our entire Alaska trip!
Best Price Guarantee!
Duration: 4.5 hours
Best Price Guarantee!
"Best Price Guarantee" means we offer the local wholesale rates for all of our tours because
we feel that everyone should get the same lowest price possible regardless of how many
excursions you book. No tricks, no gimmicks, no hidden fees.
Duration: 4.5 hours
Private Charter (1 to 14 passengers): $2,500.00