**THIS TOUR IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THE 2023 SEASON**
This fully guided, small-group tour will take you to a private aurora viewing at a Ski Patrol Hut within a popular Northern Lights viewing location outside the city of Fairbanks. Your local Alaskan guide will share the science behind the lights and their significance within Alaskan Native cultures, as well as the history of the area and personal stories of living in The Last Frontier!
Don't worry about getting too cold on this late-night excursion, the Ski Patrol Hut is warm and we also supply guests with hot drinks to enjoy indoors or out! The hut is private for our small group and offers an indoor bathroom, lounge area with seating and tables, and complimentary hot beverages, treats, and instant ramen noodles! Please feel free to bring your own adult beverage and any additional snacks you may need!
Throughout the entire journey, be sure to keep your eyes to the skies for your chance to see the Aurora Borealis! We'll make our return drive to Fairbanks in the early hours of the morning with opportunities for additional aurora viewing stop along the way. Complimentary snacks and bottled glacier wellness water are available onboard our small group vans. If mother nature gives us a good show, our approximate arrival back into Fairbanks is 2:00am the following morning.
Please note: This tour is only available on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
A note about the Aurora: The Aurora is a beautiful thing! She has many variables... ones we can control and ones we cannot control. The variables of aurora viewing we cannot control include the weather and the solar activity/aurora activity.
View all of our Alaska Northern Lights tours
Duration: 4 hours (Roundtrip from pick-up location on ticket voucher.)
- Roundtrip transportation
- Private aurora viewing at ski patrol hut and aurora walk with snowshoes
- Aurora talk with interpretive stories & facts
- Interactive Glow-In-The-Dark activities
- Winter gear (per request)
- Complimentary snacks, baked treats, instant ramen noodles, hot beverages, and bottled Alaskan glacier water
- Pick up from major Fairbanks hotels per request (limit 3 hotel pick-ups per tour, based on first come first serve basis)
Duration: 4 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 45 minutes - drive to ski patrol hut for aurora viewing (located at Ski Land)
- 15 minutes - restroom break
- 30 minutes - aurora presentation
- 1 hour and 30 minutes - aurora viewing
- 1 hour - transportation to Fairbanks
- Minimum age: 8 years old
- Minimum of 2 passengers required to book
- This tour meets at a few local hotels. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not wheelchair or limited mobility accessible.
What type of clothing should I wear?
We reccomend wearing layers, a weatherproof outer coat, comfortable shoes and sunglasses.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!