Don't miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to explore thousands of years of glacial activity. We'll make our way towards the Matanuska Glacier where you will spend over 2 hours directly on the surface with a guide by your side. You'll learn how the Matanuska Glacier was born and how it shaped the landscape of the Matanuska Susitna Valley. Explore blue meltwater pools, the ice formations, and deep crevasses! This tour has a 6:1 guide to guest ratio with a maximum of 12 passengers, ensuring a learning experience you will never forget.
Walking on ice is slippery fun, so our guests are equipped with a helmet, a walking stick, and crampons that attach to your shoes. We require our guests to bring sturdy footwear and suggest that you bring an extra pair of socks.
Don't be surprised that your shoes get covered with glacial "flour." This substance, finely ground rock created by glacial activity, makes for great facials!
Our fully-guided transportation includes a pick up at your hotel in Anchorage as well as water and snacks in the touring vehicle.
Duration: 9 hours
- Entrance tickets
- Narrated tour with expert guides
- Gear/Equipment: Microspikes, helmet and trekking pole
- Complimentary snacks and bottled glacier water
- Hotel pick-up on request
- Minimum of 2 passengers required to book
- Minimum age: 8 years old
- Must be able to walk 2 hours on uneven ground
- Bring sturdy footwear such as stiff-soled hiking boots or shoes, and an extra pair of socks
Duration: 8-8.5 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 8 hour - narrated tour
- Up to 30 minutes - transportation
- This tour meets at the tour operator's office in downtown Anchorage. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to walk 2-3 miles on uneven ground with roughly 140 feet of elevation (equivalent to about 14 flights of stairs).
Are food and drink included?
Snacks and water are included on this tour.
Are gratuities included?
Gratuities are not included. The suggested gratuity for our tour guides is 10 USD per guide.
Is entrance to the Glacier Park included?
Yes, entrance fees to the Glacier Park are included.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!