The Greenbelt Bike Tour is a guided 30-mile loop within Anchorage's hundreds of miles of paved, multi-use trails. Keep your eyes peeled for moose and other wildlife like bald eagles, salmon, and even black bears. Fittingly, this almost-complete urban greenway outlines a moose head when overlayed on a map!
The loop connects the Tony Knowles Coastal Trail, Chester Creek Trail, and Campbell Creek Trail. Take in views of the Cook Inlet, Westchester Lagoon, Goose Lake, and many of Anchorage's 200+ municipal parks.
This tour provides an opportunity to see the rugged wilderness of the 49th state, even within its largest and most populous city. By the end of this 4-hour journey, you will truly understand why locals love Anchorage and Alaska.
If you're an avid cyclist, enjoy having fun outdoors, or love to explore, this small group bike tour is perfect for you! Please note:
This tour is ideal for those who are active and exercise regularly. Guests must be comfortable biking 30 miles on hilly trails. The minimum age is 14. If you're interested in a shorter tour that is friendly for children aged 10+, please check out our Anchorage Coastal Cruise Bike Tour
Duration: 5 hours (roundtrip from downtown Anchorage.)
- Local, knowledgeable guide
- Gear/equipment: Kona Dew Hybrid Bike, helmet, biking gloves
- Light snack and bottled water
- Minimum Age: 14 years old
- Minimum Height: 5'0"
- Minimum of 2 guests required to book
- Signed liability waiver
- Must know how to ride a bike, use hand brakes and shift gears for this tour
- Must be physically fit and capable of comfortably cycling 30 miles within 4 hours on a hilly path (1,000 feet of elevation gain)
Duration: 5 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 5 minutes - transport to Westchester Lagoon, the starting point
- 15 minutes - equipment and safety briefing
- 4 hours - leisurely bike ride
- 15 minutes - gear load and snack time
- 10 minutes - transport back to downtown
- This tour meets at the Shuttle Bus Stop outside the Dena'ina Center downtown. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour IS NOT wheelchair and/or limited mobility accessible.
How fit do I need to be for this activity?
This tour is ideal for those who enjoy an active lifestyle. Guests should be fairly physically fit and exercise 3-6 times a weekend. Recreational cyclists and regular bike commuters will also enjoy this ride. You do not need to be an avid cyclist or experienced athlete, but you must be comfortable being active for up to 4 hours/30 miles with 1,000 feet of elevation gain.
Will I see any wildlife on this tour?
Moose, black bears, snow shoe hares, bald eagles and beluga whales are sometimes seen on this tour, however it is not a designated wildlife tour and specific wildlife cannot be guaranteed. You will be with experienced guides who will have bear spray and are familiar with the wildlife area.
Are food and drink included?
A light snack & water bottles are included.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!