**THIS TOUR IS NOW ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS FOR THE 2021 SEASON**
We'll start the day off by heading to Mt. Alyeska. The summit of Mt. Alyeska is almost 4,000 feet high and its slopes average 54 feet of snow every year. We'll take a tram up to 2,280 ft and the viewing decks of the Roundhouse Museum. Weather permitting, we'll see several glaciers from this viewpoint, as well as Turnagain Arm from the museum's viewing decks.
Then we'll take the tram back down the mountain for lunch at our favorite eatery at the base of the Chugach mountains. You'll feast on the bottomless soup of the day, famous sourdough bread, and delicious desserts. A beverage is included. Enjoy lunch family-style indoors, or outside among this place's beautiful flowers.
After an Alaska-sized lunch, we'll travel on to the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, a rescue and rehabilitation organization for Alaska's wild mammals. Here we'll view grizzly bears, eagles, families of elk and bison, lynx and other furry friends.
Up next it's glaciers! We'll get up close and personal with Portage Glacier on a 1-hour cruise across Portage Lake. An onboard naturalist will share interpretive facts and stories about the land, the local flora and fauna, and the beautiful glaciers of the Portage Valley. Together we'll learn about glaciers and watch (and listen) to Portage Glacier, which once filled the entire valley and connected what are now five separate glaciers. Your captain will take you to a safe distance from the edge of the glacier so you can experience its radiant hues and ancient power.
Included: Lunch. Entrance tickets.
Duration: 8-8.5 hours
- Entrance tickets
- Lunch: Soup, local bread, dessert, and a beverage
- Complimentary snack and bottled glacier water
- Hotel pick-up on request (limited availability)
Duration: 8-8.5 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 8 hour - narrated tour
- Up to 30 minutes - transportation
- Minimum age: 8 years old
- Minimum of 2 passengers required to book
- This tour meets at the tour operator's office in downtown Anchorage. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to climb 4 steps into and out of the bus. There is limited space for collapsible wheelchairs and walkers. There is no storage available for motorized scooters. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
Are food and drink included?
Soup, local bread, dessert, and a beverage are included.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!
Aug 2018 - Khalid H.
A well conducted tour. Enjoyed all sites included in the tour especially the visit to the glacier.