We'll start the day off by heading to Mt. Alyeska via the beautiful Seward Highway. We'll take the tram up to 2,280 ft and (weather permitting) view several glaciers, incredible alpine scenery, and potentially wildlife!
Then we'll take the tram back down the mountain for a delicious complimentary lunch in Girdwood. After an Alaska-sized lunch, we'll travel on to the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, a rescue and rehabilitation organization for Alaska's wild mammals. Here we'll view grizzly bears, eagles, families of elk and bison, lynx and other furry friends.
Up next it's glaciers! We'll get up close and personal with Portage Glacier on a 1-hour cruise across Portage Lake. An onboard naturalist will share interpretive facts and stories about the land and the local flora and fauna. Together we'll learn, observe, and even possibly hear massive chunks of ice that fall from the glacier in a process called calving.
Your captain will take you to a safe distance from the edge of the Portage Glacier so you can experience its radiant hues and ancient power.
Duration: 8 hours
- Entrance tickets
- Complimentary lunch
- Complimentary snack and bottled glacier water
- Hotel pick-up on request
Duration: 8-8.5 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 8 hour - narrated tour
- Up to 30 minutes - transportation
- Minimum age: 8 years old
- Minimum of 2 passengers required to book
- This tour meets at the tour operator's office in downtown Anchorage. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to climb 4 steps into and out of the bus. There is limited space for collapsible wheelchairs and walkers. There is no storage available for motorized scooters. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
Are food and drink included?
Lunch and snacks/water are included.
Are gratuities included?
Gratuities are not included. The suggested gratuity for our tour guides is 10 USD per guide.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!
Sep 2021 - Angele B.
Arturo was great and our guide made the best out of a bad situation. Weather was not the best so we were unable to view the glaciers from the boat. There was a partial refund for that section of the tour. But our guide took us to a place where a few of the glaciers had already calved and we're sitting in a Cove. They were beautiful. Thank you so much for the wonderful memories
Aug 2018 - Khalid H.
A well conducted tour. Enjoyed all sites included in the tour especially the visit to the glacier.