Enjoy a beautiful scenic drive from Anchorage to the town of Talkeetna, including full narration from a knowledgeable local guide. Sit back and relax with amazing alpine views as you prepare for the adventures to come.
In Talkeetna, your party will have the opportunity to explore downtown and check out the quaint shops on Main Street. Learn about local history at the Talkeetna Historical Society, or see beautiful views of the Talkeetna River at Talkeetna Riverfront Park. You'll then meet your guide for a complimentary lunch from a local eatery.
After lunch, it's time to take to the skies! We'll head to the flightseeing office to load guests into a small Alaskan bush plane for this amazing hour-long tour. Everyone gets a window seat to view winding rivers, icefalls, glaciers, blue meltwater pools, and snow-capped mountains. Your pilot will land on one of the many glaciers that cover one million acres of Denali National Park.
Duration: 9 hours (Roundtrip from downtown Anchorage)
- Roundtrip transportation
- Lunch at a local eatery
- Snacks and water
- Park admission
- Hotel pick-up on request
- Minimum of 2 passengers required to book
- Appropriate clothing for the weather (see FAQ for further details)
Duration: 9 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 2-3 hours - Transportation from Anchorage to Talkeetna
- 3-4 hours - Time spent exploring Talkeetna and flightseeing
- 2-3 hours - Transportation from Talkeetna to Anchorage
- This tour meets at the tour operator's office in downtown Anchorage. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers. If you are interested in traveling just one way between Anchorage and Talkeetna, please leave a booking comment at checkout.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility and wheelchair accessible. Guests must be able to get in and out of a sprinter van without assistance, as guides are unable to help with this. Guests need to be able to climb 4 stairs into the aircraft, with help from flight crew. Wheelchairs must be foldable in order to fit in the van. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
Are there any age restrictions?
The minimum age is 8 years old.
Is food included?
A complimentary lunch at a local eatery is included, as well as snacks and water.
What should I wear?
Guests need to adequately prepare for being outside, potentially in the rain. Please bring the following: closed-toe shoes (hiking shoes recommended), a fleece, a rain jacket & rain pants, and optionally we would suggest light gloves and a hat.
What should I bring?
In addition to warm, weatherproof clothes, we would highly suggest bringing your sunglasses (the sun is very bright up on the glacier). Guests will also want to bring their cameras with sufficient equipment to take lots of photos! Binoculars are not recommended during the flight, but you may use them on the glacier landing.
Will it be cold?
Probably, at least at some points during the tour. The weather in Alaska can be unpredictable, and it is always at least 15-20 degrees colder on the glacier than on dry land. Please plan accordingly with multiple layers.
Can I bring my bag/backpack/purse?
You're welcome to bring a bag with you. Space on the aircraft is limited, so the operator may need to hold your bag for you during the flightseeing portion.
Are gratuities included?
Gratuities are not included. The suggested gratuity for our tour guides is 10 USD per land guide, and 20 USD per pilot guide.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!