Skagway Alpine Lake Kayak & White Pass Railway Tour
**THIS TOUR IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THE 2023 SEASON**
Take a tour over land and water through the scenic White Pass and Yukon Route Railroad and Lake Bernard! Travel by train, kayak, and bus as your knowledgeable guide leads you on an adventure of a lifetime.
You will start your tour aboard the "Scenic Railway of the World" traveling through the rugged Coastal Mountains, including unforgettable views of mountains, glaciers, waterfalls, trestles, and the astonishing beauty fo the White Pass Summit.
After you disembark your train at Lake Bernard you will receive your kayaking gear and instructions before heading out onto the water. As you paddle across the cold, pristine waters you will be treated to fantastic views of the alpine wilderness. Snow-capped mountains rise in all directions around you as your experienced guide shares tales of the gold rush, natural history, and information about the flora and fauna of the area. Keep an eye out for bear, mountain goat, caribou and eagles as you view the alpine terrain of the Tormented Valley.
After paddling, enjoy a light snack before boarding your motorcoach as you return to Skagway via the Klondike Valley.
- Roundtrip transportation from the cruise ship terminal
- A light snack, water, and hot beverage
- Gear/Equipment: Kayak, paddles, wetsuit gloves, personal flotation device, rain jackets, warms layers, and all other necessary kayaking equipment
- Passports are required for ALL participants (Some nationalities may need Visa to enter Canada)
- Minimum age: 9 years old
- Minimum height: 4 feet, 8 inches
- Maximum height: 6 feet, 4 inches
- Maximum waist size: 44 inches
- Not recommended for guests with back or hip problems
- Pregnant guests should consult with their physician
- Signed liability waiver
- Full use of the limbs for up to 1.5 hours of kayak paddling
- Ability to step in and out of the kayak with only limited assistance
Duration: 5.5 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal.)
- 15 minutes - meeting with your guide at the dock
- 15 minutes - bus ride to the White Pass train platform
- 1.75 hours - train ride of the White Pass Railway
- 30 minutes - learn the basics of kayaking and gearing up for the paddle
- 1 hour - paddle on Lake Bernard
- 30 minutes - removing gear and enjoying a snack and hot drink at the lake
- 45 minutes - scenic bus ride on the Klondike Highway back to Skagway
- Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not limited mobility or wheelchair accessible.
Yes, a valid passport is not required for this tour.
American citizens can use a passport card. There are no other exceptions, even for minors.
Bald eagles, black bears, brown bears, caribou, white mountain goats, moose, Canadian geese, Arctic terns, waterfowl, and some fish are all possible to see. However, this is not a designated wildlife tour and specific wildlife cannot ever be guaranteed.
No, as it is a very rare occurrence for guests to enter the water. Guides are equipped with hypothermia gear in this rare instance.
Single kayaks are almost exclusively reserved for our guides. If you do not have a partner to kayak with, we will find one for you. This partner may be a guide.
No guest is forced to kayak. We start and end at the same location, and guests are welcome to wait in our covered canvas tent for the group to return. There is no discount offered for non-kayakers.
Absolutely! Most of our guests have never kayaked before. Our guides provide expert instruction for all guests.
Yes! A lockable storage trailer will be available to keep your belongings in. You will only want to bring a camera to the lake, for which we provide dry bags.
The minimum age requirement for children is 9 years of age.
Check out other frequently asked questions here!
We do not have any review about this excursion yet.
Best Price Guarantee!
Duration: 5.5 hours
Best Price Guarantee!
"Best Price Guarantee" means we offer the local wholesale rates for all of our tours because
we feel that everyone should get the same lowest price possible regardless of how many
excursions you book. No tricks, no gimmicks, no hidden fees.
Duration: 5.5 hours
Adult (12 and older): $205.00
Child (9-12): $205.00