**THIS TOUR IS NOW ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS FOR THE 2021 SEASON**
Take a tour over land and water through the scenic White Pass and Yukon Route Railroad and Lake Bernard! Travel by train, kayak, and bus as your knowledgable guide leads you on an adventure of a lifetime.
You will start your tour aboard the "Scenic Railway of the World" traveling through the rugged Coastal Mountains, including unforgettable views of mountains, glaciers, waterfalls, trestles, and the astonishing beauty fo the White Pass Summit.
After you disembark your train at Lake Bernard you will receive your kayaking gear and instructions before heading out onto the water. As you paddle across the cold, pristine waters you will be treated to fantastic views of the alpine wilderness. Snow-capped mountains rise in all directions around you as your experienced guide shares tales of the gold rush, natural history, and information about the flora and fauna of the area. Keep an eye out for bear, mountain goat, caribou and eagles as you view the alpine terrain of the Tormented Valley.
After paddling, enjoy a light snack before boarding your motorcoach as you return to Skagway via the Klondike Valley.
Passport required. Some nationalities may need Visa to enter Canada.
Duration: 5.5 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal.)
- Roundtrip transportation from the cruise ship terminal
- A light snack, water, and hot beverage
- Gear/Equipment: Kayak, paddles, wetsuit gloves, personal flotation device, rain jackets, warms layers, and all other necessary kayaking equipment
- Passports are required for ALL participants
- Minimum age: 9 years old
- Minimum height: 4 feet, 8 inches
- Maximum height: 6 feet, 4 inches
- Maximum waist size: 44 inches
- Not recommended for guests with back or hip problems
- Pregnant guests should consult with their physician
- Signed liability waiver
- Full use of the limbs for up to 1.5 hours of kayak paddling
- Ability to step in and out of the kayak with only limited assistance
Duration: 5- 5.5 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 15 minutes - meeting with your guide at the dock
- 15 minutes - bus ride to the White Pass train platform
- 1.75 hours - train ride of the White Pass Railway
- 30 minutes - learn the basics of kayaking and gearing up for the paddle
- 1 hour - paddle on Lake Bernard
- 30 minutes - removing gear and enjoying a snack and hot drink at the lake
- 45 minutes - scenic bus ride on the Klondike Highway back to Skagway
- Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not limited mobility or wheelchair accessible.
Do I need a passport for this tour?
Yes, a valid passport is not required for this tour.
Are there any other documents that I can use instead of a passport?
American citizens can use a passport card. There are not other exceptions, even for minors.
Will I see any wildlife on this tour?
Bald eagles, black bears, brown bears, caribou, white mountain goats, moose, Canadian geese, Arctic terns, waterfowl, and some fish are all possible to see. However, this is not a designated wildlife tour and specific wildlife cannot ever be guaranteed.
Do you provide wetsuits?
No, as it is a very rare occurrence for guests to enter the water. Guides are equipped with hypothermia gear in this rare instance.
Are there only two-person kayaks? Can I have a single kayak?
Single kayaks are almost exclusively reserved for our guides. If you do not have a partner to kayak with, we will find one for you. This partner may be a guide.
Do we have to kayak? Or can we sit that part out?
No guest is forced to kayak. We start and end at the same location, and guests are welcome to wait in our covered canvvas tent for the group to return. There is no discount offered for non-kayakers.
Is this an okay trip for beginners?
Absolutely! Most of our guests have never kayaked before. Our guides provide expert instruction for all guests.
Do you have places to store our belongings?
Yes! A lockable storage trailer will be available to keep your belongings in. You will only want to bring a camera on the lake, for which we provide dry bags.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
Minimum age requirement for children is 9 years of age.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!