This 1-hour helicopter tour brings you through the incredible scenery surrounding Seward, Alaska.
You can choose between going to the Kenai Fjords and Harding Icefield, where the Bear, Aialik, Holgate, and Northwestern Glaciers are located, or you can take the land-based route to Bear Glacier, Exit Glacier and over the Chugach National Forest.
On the land-based tour, you'll see Excelsior Glacier and Ellsworth Glacier. Be on the lookout for brown and black bears, moose, mountain goats, bald eagles, whales, harbor seals, otters, and sea lions. Please note: Minimum of 2 passengers required to book. Maximum weight limit per seat: 300lbs
Duration: 1 hours (Roundtrip transportation. Flight Time: 60 minute scenic helicopter flight)
- Minimum of 2 passengers required to book
- Maximum weight limit per seat: 300lbs
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Ability to enter and exit the helicopter with minimal assistance and to navigate rocky terrain.
- Participants must sign a liability waiver (parent must sign for minors)
Duration: 1 hour. Tour times below are approximate:
- 60-minute scenic helicopter flight
- This tour meets at the airport office. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to enter and exit the helicopter with minimal assistance. There is no storage available for motorized scooters or wheelchairs. These must be left at our airport office. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
What time of day do you recommend booking your trip?
In general, we recommend booking your trips in the morning so that if we do encounter weather problems we can push your tour back to later in the day. We have tour times throughout the day. Otherwise, we recommend choosing a departure that would work best with your schedule.
Can you hold my luggage for me?
For a worry-free day, we highly recommend storing your luggage at your hotel or the Seward Train Depot before embarking on the tour. We also recommend seeing if your cruise line can transfer your bags directly to your hotel or the Train Depot for you. We can hold your luggage, but only during the time of the tour.
Is there a weight limit for passengers?
Yes. We have a 300lbs weight limit per seat.
Can I fly if I am over 300lbs?
No. Due to FAA regulations for the helicopters that we fly, we cannot fly anyone over 300lbs. This weight includes all clothes/gear guest may be wearing.
Is there an age limit for passengers?
No. Passengers under 24 months are required to sit on a guardian's lap. You must be able to get in and out of the helicopter without assistance.
Do you fly if it is raining?
We fly as long as visibility permits us to do so. Our flights generally go out unless there is a considerable amount of cloud coverage or high winds. We have an impeccable safety record and only fly if the conditions warrant.
How many passengers ride in the helicopter together?
Our helicopters can accommodate 3 passengers in addition to the pilot. There are two seats in the back and one located in the front next to the pilot, so everyone gets a window seat!
How many helicopters do you have available?
There are 2 helicopters available throughout most of the summer season. If you are part of a large group and give us advance warning, we will try to make more machines available.
What type of helicopters do you fly?
We fly Robinson 44 helicopters.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!
Aug 2023 - Stephen W.
Very knowledgeable pilot, always felt safe, reasonable cost. Highlight of our 2 week Alaska trip. Would highly recommend.