What could be better than taking in the natural Alaskan beauty by snow mobile and snowshoe winter fun? You haven't truly experienced the wonder of Kenai Fjords National Park until you take on this snow-based adventure. Stunning mountain and glacier views, towering spruce trees, and fresh mountain air.
This exhilarating 3.5 hour combo tour has been designed to allow guests to hit the highlights via snowmobile and snow shoes. Snowshoe up close to Exit Glacier and see views that will take your breath away. The towering Exit Glacier, fresh mountain air, and picturesque snow covered landscapes are waiting for you. Join your friendly, local guide to hear unique stories, show you hidden view points, and cozy up to a hot beverage beneath the ancient ice.
Points of interest are as follows:
Kenai Fjords National Park
Exit Glacier Trailhead, Seward, Alaska
Exit Glacier Nature Center, Herman Leirer Rd, Seward, Alaska
Come knock this iconic Alaskan national park experience off your bucket list!
Snowmobile drivers must be 16 years of age or older. This tour is for guests 8 years and older. Participants must have a reasonable level of fitness and be able to walk on uneven terrain.
Duration: 3.5 hours (Roundtrip from the tour operator's office in Seward.)
- Professional Guide
- Well maintained, late model machines
- Sanitized helmet and goggles
- Winter outerwear - insulated coveralls, gloves, and winter boots
- Snowshoes and trekking poles
- Small backpack
- Hot drinks (tea, coffee, cocoa, apple cider)
- Participants must have a reasonable level of fitness and be able to walk on uneven terrain
- Snowmobiles have a 350 pound/158 kilogram total weight limit for single or double riders
- Guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
- Drivers must present a valid drivers license at time of check-in
Duration: 3.5 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 30 minutes - equipment and safety briefing
- 2.5 hours - snowmobiling and snowshoeing
- 30 minutes - degear/return to Seward
- This tour meets at the operator's office in Seward. Pick up at your hotel, the cruise terminal, or the railroad depot can be arranged upon request. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not wheelchair or limited mobility accessible.
Is this tour suitable for young children?
You must be at least 8 years of age to participate in this tour. Drivers must be 16 years of age or older. Guests under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
What are the physical requirements for this tour?
Guests must have a reasonable level of fitness and be able to walk on uneven terrain.
Is there a weight limit for this tour?
Snowmobiles have a 350 pound/158 Kilogram total weight limit for single for double riders.
Can I bring a backpack?
Backpacks, small bags, and purses are allowed on this tour. If you elect to use your own backpack, it needs to be big enough to hold the helmet, harnass, crampons, etc. and have a waist strap.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Non-alcoholic beverages in a closeable containers and snacks are allowed on tour.
Are there restrooms on the tour?
There are no bathrooms in the backcountry, though facilities are available before and after your tour.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!