Guests are in for a remarkable day hike on an 8.2-mile loop along the Harding Icefield Trail. Winding through the valley floor, the trail passes through a forest of alder and cottonwood, over meadows abundant in heather with a climactic ascent above the tree line to a stunning vista of the Harding Icefield. The trail's summit offers guests a glimpse into past ice ages - the view of snow and ice stretching as far as the eye can see, fragmented with the occasional lone peak.
Those looking for an arduous and adventurous trek will not be disappointed. Guests are rewarded for their efforts with an incomparable view. Hikers can expect about 1,000 feet in elevation gain per mile hiked, and roughly 6-8 hours of hiking. The incredible experience awaits those up for a one of a kind excursion to see the area's breathtaking wonders.
Included: Lunch (deli wraps, granola bar, and piece of fruit)
Duration: 8 hours
- Round-trip ground transportation from Seward
- Lunch: deli wraps, granola bar, piece of fruit
- Professional Wilderness Guide on an interpretive guided hike
- Please eat a hearty breakfast in the morning prior to arriving for your trip.
- Bring snacks and a full water bottle.
- Sturdy, well-broken in hiking boots or shoes.
- Dress in layers for current weather conditions, waterproof rain jacket
- Bring a camera, sunglasses, sunscreen, bug spray, and small personal items.
- Minimum of 2 participants required to book
Duration: 8 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 15 minutes - transport to Kenai Fjords National Park
- 15 minutes - safety briefing
- 7.5 hours - hiking
- 30 minutes - return transport back to Seward
- This tour meets within the Small Boat Harbor. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not wheelchair or limited mobility accessible.
Is this tour suitable for young children?
This tour is not recommended for children under the age of 10 years old. Children that are currently highly active or involved in rigorous activities may be considered.
Can I bring a backpack?
Backpacks, small bags, and purses are allowed on this tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Non-alcoholic beverages in a closeable containters and snacks are allowed on tour.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!