Start your adventure when you take off from the Seward Airport in the rare beauty of the Kenai Fjords National Park where you'll witness the massive Harding Icefield as well as the Aialik Glacier.
Be prepared to experience etherial shades of blue as we fly above the glacier pools and lagoons of Resurrection Bay. There are many opportunities to possibly see wildlife on the cliffs or waters of Resurrection Bay. Your experienced pilot will show you all the scenic commentarty during this 1-hour excursion through the Kenai Fjords National Park.
Duration: 1.5 hours (Roundtrip transportation from cruise ship terminal. )
- Roundtrip transportation
- Gear/equipment: Ice cleats or Neos overboots are available for ice (please wear flat, comfortable, close-toe shoes for exiting the helicopter, such as hiking boots or tennis shoes.)
- Signed liability waiver
- Max weight: 290 lbs.
- Ability to walk from the hangar to the helicopter and board the helicopter
Duration: 1.5 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 10 minues transportation to the helicopter base at Seward Airport
- 10 minutes equipment and safety briefing
- 60 minutes flightseeing with an approximately 15 minute glacier exploration
- 10 minutes transportation to cruise ship terminal
- This tour guide will meet you at the cruise ship terminal. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to walk 50-100 yards to the helicopter, and be able to board the helicopter with minimal assistance. There is no storage on the helicopter for motorized scooters, collapsible wheelchairs or walkers, but they can be stored at the hangar during the flight. Please leave a comment during chckout if accommodations will be required.
What if I'm not arriving on a cruise ship?
There is a free shuttle service available from several locations in Seward. Just leave a comment in your order where you'll be staying.
How many people can fit on one helicopter?
There is a maximum capacity of 6 passengers per helicopter. We can accommodate larger groups with advance notice. Just give us a call.
What happens if the tour is canceled due to weather?
If the tour is canceled due to weather, the tour operator will try to reschedule you but if not, you'll receive a full refund.
Will I see any bears or wildlife on this tour?
Wildlife can be spotted in the water or the cliffs surrounding Resurrection Bay, but this is not a designated wildlife tour and nothing can be guaranteed.
How cold is it on the glacier.
The average temperature is about 15-20 degrees coolder than on the ground.
May I bring a backpack?
Small backpacks are allowed on this tour.
Are there any physical requirements for this tour?
The maximum weight for this tour is 290lbs. Guests must be able to walk 50 - 100 yards to the helicopter and be able to board the helicopter with minimal assistance. There is no storage on the helicopter for scooters, walkers, or wheelchairs of any kind but they can be stored at the hangar during the flight. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations will need to be arranged.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!