This is a one-of-a-kind tour highlighting the town site of Ketchikan in a manageable 10-15 minute scenic flight that allows guests to take photos of their cruise ship, and of the town.
Ketchikan isn't a huge city, so this is the perfect amount of time to take it all in from the sky. Your pilot guide will point out the highlights and do their best to give you the best viewing angles for you.
Guests may also get the chance to see some of Alaska's most notable wildlife while airborne! Sit back, relax, and enjoy your ride!
After the tour, you will be transported back to your cruise ship terminal which is within walking distance of the local shops and eateries.
Please note: Minimum number of passengers required to book is 2. Maximum weight for this tour is 300lbs.
Duration: .75 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal. Flight time: 10-15 minutes.)
- Roundtrip transportation
- Coffee, tea, water
- Safety equipment
- Guests must be under 300lbs
Duration: 45 minutes. Tour times below are approximate:
- 10 minutes transfer to airbase
- 10 minutes safety briefing and waiver signing
- 15 minutes of flight time
- 10 minutes transfer back to port
- This tour meets at the Liquid Sunshine Rain Gauge. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to independently get themselves into and out of the helicopter. There is a step stool available for getting into the helicopter. Additionally guests must be willing to walk to the helicopter pad which is located about 500 feet from the office on a wooden dock. There is limited space for collapsible wheelchairs and walkers. There is no space for motorized scooters. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations will be required during tour for collapsible wheelchairs.
How many passengers ride in the helicopter together?
There is a maximum of 3 passengers per helicopter. If your party is larger than 4 passengers, multiple helicopters will fly your group up to the landing spot at the same time.
What is the seating arrangement in the helicopter?
There are two front seats and two rear seats; FAA safety guidelines require seating positions to be assigned based on weight and balance of all passengers for each helicopter.
Will I see any wildlife or bears on this tour?
Wildlife is abundant in Southeast Alaska and sightings are possible on any tour, however this is not a designated wildlife tour and nothing can be guaranteed.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Can I bring a backpack?
All bags must be stored at the helicopter base and are not allowed on tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Food and drink are not allowed during this tour.
Are food and drink included?
Water and hot beverages are available, no other food or drink is provided while on tour.
Are there child prices?
Adult and child prices are the same for this tour.
Are there any physical requirements for this tour?
There is a 300 lb weight limit per passenger.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!