This tour gives passengers the opportunity to see one of Alaska's most pristine, and diverse landscapes.
After being picked up at the dock, you'll be transferred to the airbase where you'll embark on a journey through the Tongass National Forest by air. This temperate rainforest is home to mountain goats and black bears, so keep a lookout for any possible sightings.
This scenic 30-minute flight gives guests the opportunity to take in the dramatic landscape as we explore five gorgeous lakes hidden in the mountains which are only accessible by foot!
If you only have a short amount of time in Ketchikan and you're looking for a quick adventure, this tour is perfect for you.
Please note: Minimum number of passengers required to book is 2. The maximum weight allowed on this tour is 300lbs.
Duration: 1 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal. 30 minutes flight time.)
- Roundtrip transportation
- Water, coffee, tea
- Safety equipment
- Maximum 300lb weight limit
Duration: 1 hour. Tour times below are approximate:
- 10 minutes transfer to airbase
- 10 minutes safety briefing and waiver signing
- 30 minutes flightseeing
- 10 minutes transfer back to dock
- This tour meets at the Liquid Sunshine Rain Gauge. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to independently get themselves into and out of the helicopter. There is a step stool available for getting into the helicopter. Additionally guests must be willing to walk to the helicopter pad which is located about 500 feet from the office on a wooden dock. There is limited space for collapsible wheelchairs and walkers. There is no space for motorized scooters. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations will be required during tour for collapsible wheelchairs.
How many passengers ride in the helicopter together?
There is a maximum of 3 passengers per helicopter. If your party is larger than 3 passengers, multiple helicopters will fly your group up to the landing spot at the same time.
What is the seating arrangement in the helicopter?
There are two front seats and two rear seats; FAA safety guidelines require seating positions to be assigned based on weight and balance of all passengers for each helicopter.
Will I see any wildlife or bears on this tour?
Wildlife is abundant in Southeast Alaska and sightings are possible on any tour, however this is not a designated wildlife tour and nothing can be guaranteed.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Can I bring a backpack?
All bags must be stored at the helicopter base and are not allowed on tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Food and drink are not allowed during this tour.
Are food and drink included?
Water and hot beverages are available, no other food or drink is provided while on tour.
Are there child prices?
Adult and child prices are the same for this tour.
Are there any physical requirements for this tour?
There is a 300 lb weight limit per passenger.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!
Jun 2019 - Brian H.
Great tour. Pilot was so professional. We were picked up on time and the lady was so polite. Tour was safe and such good views. I would recommend to anyone and we will do it again on next trip.
Aug 2018 - William S.
Guide was great and everyone was very friendly
Jul 2018 - Pamela M.
BRILLIANT - well worth every penny. It was raining with cloud resting on the hills, but this made it magical. We couldn't find a bear though:( Have done several helicopter trips and this one offers better views all around only taking 4 people.
Jul 2018 - Robert W.
The whole experience was great. Dave was an awesome pilot and guide . I would recommend this tour to everyone. The only true way to see Alaska at it's finest. I would recommend this you buy a go pro camera before. I was so amazed at scenery I forgot to take pictures to show everyone .Thanks again Bob White