**WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS FOR THE 2020 SEASON**
This tour is a perfect short 20-minute flight that takes you for a birds eye view of the Ketchikan area, the cruise ships, and the Tongass Narrows.
As we reach altitude, we'll make our way over to the highlight of this tour, the magnificent 1,500 foot Mahoney Falls! Take in views of the Tongass National Forest, America's largest national forest.
Not only will you have the chance to see Mountain Lakes during the flight, but we regularly see wildlife like bald eagles, deer, and mountain goats.
Have your camera's ready and enjoy the views on this thrilling tour!
Please note: The maximum weight allowed on this tour is 300lbs. Guests must be ambulatory enough to climb inside the helicopter.
Duration: .75 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal. Transportation time: 10-15 minutes.)
- Roundtrip transportation
- Coffee, tea, water
- Safety equipment
- Guests must be under 300lbs
- Must be ambulatory enough to climb inside of the helicopter
Duration: 45 minutes. Tour times below are approximate:
- 10 minutes transfer to airbase office
- 10 minutes safety briefing and waiver signing
- 20 minutes of flight time to Mahoney Falls/Mountain Lakes and back
- 5 minutes transfer back to port or hotel
- This tour meets at the Liquid Sunshine Rain Gauge. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to independently get themselves into and out of the helicopter. There is a step stool available for getting into the helicopter. Additionally guests must be willing to walk to the helicopter pad which is located about 500 feet from the office on a wooden dock. There is limited space for collapsible wheelchairs and walkers inside the office in a safe, secure, and DRY location. There is no space for motorized scooters. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations will be required during the tour for collapsible wheelchairs/walkers.
How many passengers ride in the helicopter together?
There is a maximum of 3 passengers per helicopter. If your party is 4 or more, your group will need to take multiple departures.
What is the seating arrangement in the helicopter?
There are two front seats and two rear seats; FAA safety guidelines require seating positions to be assigned based on weight and balance of all passengers for each helicopter.
Will I see any wildlife or bears on this tour?
Wildlife is abundant in Southeast Alaska and sightings are possible on any tour, however this is not a designated wildlife tour and nothing can be guaranteed.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Can I bring a backpack?
All bags must be stored at the helicopter base and are not allowed on tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Food and drink are not allowed during this tour.
Are food and drink included?
Water and hot beverages are available, no other food or drink is provided while on tour.
Are there child prices?
Adult and child prices are the same for this tour.
Are there any physical requirements for this tour?
There is a 300 lb weight limit per passenger.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!