The Ketchikan exclusive flightseeing and crab feast includes a 30-minute flight via floatplane to George Inlet Lodge, bringing you over the mountains to the far uninhabited side of Revillagigedo Island. You will crest breathtaking peaks where the keen viewer may see mountain goats resting on crisp snow or black bears foraging for fresh berries.
Once you arrive at the George Inlet Lodge, enter the dining room for a delicious all you can eat Dungeness Crab Feast, crisp salad with homemade dressing and a slice of rich cheesecake with blueberry topping. Steaming hot Dungeness Crab and beverages are All-You-Can-Eat! Savor this Alaskan delicacy that is prized for its sweet and tender meat but save room for dessert. Rich, smooth cheesecake, smothered in Alaskan blueberries will be a perfect ending to this world class meal!
Next, the floatplane gently touches down on the waters of George Inlet Fjord, it will glide to a stop at the dock of the lodge, where your host will be awaiting. Have your cameras ready for an unobstructed photo opportunity of your float plane lifting off with the splendid Tongass National Forest as it's backdrop!
You'll then have the opportunity to relax and take in the breathtaking scenery that surrounds you. Chat by the fire, stroll the dock, or pick up some souvenirs in our quaint shop before enjoying a fully narrated drive back to historic downtown Ketchikan. This adventure is truly an Alaskan experience not to be missed!
Choosing Departure Time: For the time option, please select which ship you are on. For the Departure Time Range, please select either 'Request Morning Departure (between 6:00am - 11:30am)' or 'Request Afternoon Departure (between 12:00pm - 6:00pm).' Once your order is received, we will contact you via email with all options within your preference to finalize the reservation.
Included: Once onboard the aircraft, each passenger will receive an individual noise canceling digital headset to enjoy the pilot.
Please note: Each participant receives a Crab Certificate (perfect for framing), as a unique memento of their truly Alaskan adventure. The tour includes approximately 30 min flight, 1 hour 30 minutes crab feed and 45 min transfers. Tour could operate in reverse order.
Duration: 3 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal. Flight time: 30 minutes. Crab feast: 1.5 hours.)
- Noise canceling headset to listen to the pilot's narration
- Full meal of Dungeness Crab Feast, salad with homemade dressing and cheesecake with blueberry topping (Non-seafood menus are available by request)
- Vegetarian option of lentil curry by request.
- Hot/cold beverages
- Maximum weight: 250lbs. Guests over the weight limit will be charged a second fare.
- Guests must be comfortable walking short distances on uneven surfaces. Wheelchair assistance is available upon request.
Duration: 3 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 30 minutes transportation to lodge
- 1.5 hours meal time
- 20 minutes flight preflight safety briefing and preparation
- 30 minutes flight time including loading and unloading time
- 10 minutes transportation to dock
- This tour meets at the Liquid Sunshine Rain Gauge. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to climb 3-5 steps into and out of the floatplane. There is no space for guest's wheelchairs or walkers on the floatplane. Your wheelchair will be stored in a covered area during the excursion and you can use the wheelchairs available at the flight hanger and at the lodge. There are 79 stairs from the parking lot down to the dining room/dock. If a guest is unable to walk up or down the stairs, a shuttle is available. Please leave a comment during checkout if ADA accommodations will be required on tour.
How many passengers ride in the floatplane together?
There are a lot of different floatplanes we use for this tour with varying passenger amount per floatplane.
What is the temperature in the floatplane?
The temperature during flight is roughly similar to the ground temperature, and each plane is equiped with heaters if necessary.
Will I get a window seat on the plane?
Yes, all seats on the floatplane have a window view.
Do guests eat first before the floatplane ride?
This tour is subject to run in reverse.
Will I see any wildlife or bears on this tour?
Wildlife is abundant in Southeast Alaska and sightings are possible on any tour, however this is not a designated wildlife tour and nothing can be guaranteed.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Can I bring a backpack?
Small bags may be brought along but must be stored in the rear cargo area of the floatplane.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Non-alcoholic beverages in a closeable containter and snacks are allowed on tour.
Are food and drink included?
The highlight of this tour is the freshly prepared meal which is included. Beer and wine are available for guests 21 years old and over.
Is there an alternative menu option available for non-seafood eaters and vegetarians?
Yes, we have grilled, Cajun or lemon peppered seasoned chicken for non-seafood eaters. We also offer a cheese ravioli with pesto sauce for vegetarians. The guest just need to inform the server on the day of.
Are there any physical requirements for this tour?
Guests must be comfortable walking short distances on uneven surfaces. Wheelchair assistance is available upon request.
What type of clothing should I wear?
Layered clothing and water resistant jackets are recommended.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!
More Misty Fjords Tours?
Check out our blog for more details on all of the flightseeing tours we offer: Misty fjords national monument!