Set off on an adventure tour as your guide drives you up the Haines Scenic Byway to our private property. This is where you prepare for your jet boat tour and your journey through the Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve. The boat is powered by very quiet four-stroke outboard jet motors and is uncovered for the best wildlife, scenery, and photography opportunities. Moose are often the highlight of the tour along with bald eagles with their massive nests that are dotted along the river banks. If you encounter a moose, bear or any other wildlife, your captain can stop the boat so you can get your Alaska photo of a lifetime!
This excursion offers everything in a small group setting of up to 24 guests maximum. Warm and friendly staff provide customer service at the highest level. Extra outerwear to stay warm and dry is provided as well as lunch in a covered, heated pavilion with modern facilities. So bring a smile and you will leave with memories, photos, and a greater appreciation for the Alaskan wilderness and the people who call it their home!
Included: All necessary gear for jet boat duration of the tour. A light meal is also provided.
Duration: 4 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal.)
- Jackets, gloves, earmuffs, and lap blankets will be provided for the jet boat portion of the tour
- Meal: Chicken Caesar wrap, chips, cookie, and water.
Duration: 4 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 30 minutes city tour of Haines with photo stop
- 30 minutes scenic drive to jet boat ramp
- 15 minutes safety briefing and gear fitting
- 1.75 hours jet boat tour through Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve
- 30 minutes lunch stop
- 30 minutes scenic return drive to dock
- This tour meets at the end of the cruise dock. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- Tour is accessible to guests with limited mobility but is not wheelchair accessible. Guests cannot be confined to a wheelchair and we cannot accommodate fixed wheelchairs or motorized scooters.
Are there any physical requirements for this tour?
Tour is accessible to guests with limited mobility but is not wheelchair accessible. Must be able to walk up and down dock ramp at steep inclines - about 200 yards. Guests cannot be confined to a wheelchair and we cannot accommodate fixed wheelchairs or motorized scooters.
Are food and drink included?
A boxed meal: Chicken Caesar wrap, chips, cookie, and water will be provided.
Are there bathrooms?
Yes. Bathroom stops are available throughout the tour, there will be several opportunities.
Bathroom 1: When you reach the port in Haines at the end of the pier, just before you board the bus.
Bathroom 2: After your bus ride, when you reach the facility before you board the boat.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!
Sep 2019 - Kathryn T.
No wildlife spotted except for an unused eagles nest.....
Aug 2019 - James O.
Great scenery. Tour guide was "interesting",but a little distracted by people he knew along the way. Got some great photos. Didn't really get many "city highlights", probably because we were quite delayed by the road construction to and from the river.
May 2018 - Ronald L.
Amazing sites, excellent views, staff were very knowlegable and friendly.