Haines Wilderness Kayak Adventure
Alaskan beauty stuns on a kayak expedition at Chilkoot Lake.
Your tour begins in Haines where you will board a motorcoach that will take you on a stunning 40-minute drive to Chilkoot Lake. Relax on the journey as you travel past the Lynn Fjord, Chilkoot River, and historic Fort Seward.
Roll up to the private dock and get ready to paddle. After a brief safety orientation, your group will be outfitted with flotation vests and rubber boots. Settle into your 3-person sea kayak for the next 1.5 hours.
The real fun begins as you paddle and savor the sights and sounds of Southeast Alaska. Inspiring scenery surrounds you, from towering mountains, glaciers, rivers, and wildlife. Your guide will do their best to help you spot local wildlife. Sightings may range from whales, otters, eagles, bears, and more so keep your eyes peeled.
Delight in a well-deserved picnic-style lunch as you and your fellow paddlers marvel at the Alaskan wilderness. With plenty of chances for photo opportunities, wrap up your excursion with a scenic drive back to the Haines Port Chilkoot Dock.
While no prior kayaking experience is required, this is a physical activity and all guests should ensure they are physically and mentally able to participate. This is a great activity for the family and kids over 8 years old are welcome to join the adventure.
- Stable 3-person kayaks
- Paddles, life jackets, spray skirts, and rain jackets.
- Picnic style lunch included
- Roundtrip transportation from the cruise ship terminal
- Dress in comfortable layers
- This is a physical activity and recommended for guests in able physical and mental states. Any pertinent medical conditions must be disclosed to the guides.
- Minimum age: 8 years old
- The maximum weight is 300 lbs. Please note that guests over 6'6" or 275 lbs. may not fit comfortably inside the kayaks.
Duration: 4 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal.)
- 45 minutes - Your guide will gather the group and take you on a stunning, interpretive drive to Chilkoot Lake
- 15 minutes - Kayak orientation, safety briefing and equipment fitting
- 90 minutes - Paddle exploration of Chilkoot Lake
- 50 minutes - De-gear and enjoy scenic photo opportunities at a private dock before driving to a private ocean-side picnic area
- 30 minutes - Picnic-style lunch with views of Lynn Fjord
- 10 minutes - Return to Port Chilkoot Dock which is a short walk from downtown and nearby shops and restaurants
- This tour meets at the end of the pier where your cruise ship is docked. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not wheelchair or limited mobility accessible.
Experts in the industry, your guides are fun, well-trained, and passionate about guiding and sharing their expert knowledge about the history and natural wonder of Haines. The guides go through extensive training and hold current first-aid certifications.
Rain gear and dress in layers for warmth. Weather-appropriate dress is recommended.
The minimum age to participate in this tour is 8 years old. Children younger and infants are not allowed.
The maximum weight is 300 lbs. Please note that guests over 6'6" or 275 lbs. may not fit comfortably inside the kayaks.
A picnic-style lunch is provided after the paddling portion and before the return journey.
At the end of checkout, there will be a comments section provided to supply us and the operator with this information. Most dietary restrictions can be accommodated with alternative lunch options with advanced notice.
Restrooms are available on the dock prior to departing for your tour.
This tour is set up to embrace Southeast Alaska's unpredictable weather and typically runs rain or shine. In the rare instance weather does cause a cancellation, guests are refunded in full and provided assistance with finding alternative activities for the day.
We do not have any review about this excursion yet.
Best Price Guarantee!
Duration: 4 hours
Best Price Guarantee!
Duration: 4 hours
Adult (12+): $135.00
Child (8-11): $101.25