**THIS TOUR IS NOW ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS FOR THE 2022 SEASON**
The crystal clear Sitka waters are home to more than 280 bird species as well as seals, sea lions, sea otters, porpoises, gray whales, and humpback whales. This marine life and whale watching tour is sure to provide ample opportunities to view wildlife in the majestic wilderness of Alaska. You'll want to have your cameras ready as you sail through the calm waters that surround Sitka, as wildlife is abundant. A light snack and bottled water will also be provided.
This private chartered marine adventure allows you and your travel companions to decide what to focus on and for how long, making each tour customized to your needs and preferences.
Duration: 2 hours (Roundtrip transportation.)
- Life jackets
- Light snack and bottled water
- Knowledgable local guide and boat captain
Duration: 2 hours
- 2 hours customizable marine wildlife boat tour
- This tour offers roundtrip transportation from the cruise ship terminal. If you need transportation from another downtown area or local hotel, please contact us so we can arrange it for you and your party.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to climb 4 steps into and out of the boat. There is no space for collapsible wheelchairs or walkers. There is no storage available for motorized scooters. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
How many passengers does the boat hold?
You will have a privately chartered boat for your party of 1-6 passengers.
What is the seating arrangement in the boat?
Every boat has open seating as well as outside viewing areas when permitted.
Is there an inside seating area on the boat, is it heated?
The interior of the boat is heated when needed due to weather conditions to keep a comfortable environment.
How close can we get to the whales?
Humpback whales and other sea animals are protected species and a safe distance of at least 100 yards must be maintained at all times according to NOAA regulations.
What is the temperature on the water?
Air temperature can drop as much as 20°F with the wind chill factor when viewing whales outside.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Can I bring a backpack?
Backpacks, small bags, and purses are allowed on this tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Non-alcoholic beverages in a closeable containters and snacks are allowed on tour.
Are food and drink included?
Food and drink are not included.
What is the wheelchair accessibility of this excursion?
Unfortunately, the transportation van does not have the capacity to accommodate most wheelchairs, collapsible or not.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!