Come play for the day on a winter adventure excursion through the Kenai Fjords National Park. Gear up and venture out on snowmobiles as you navigate the backcountry. Feel the exhilarating rush as you come up to speed on the late-model snowmobiles, the fresh mountain air that fills your lungs, and the wonder that is the Exit Glacier.
You will have six hours for a truly iconic Alaskan snowmobile and snowshoe tour that ventures into Kenai Fjords National Park. Led by your friendly local guide, immerse yourself in unrivaled natural beauty. Take a pause to smell the fresh mountain air, feel the breeze on your face from a towering icefield, and have plenty of time to slow down and soak it all in.
You will be provided with well-maintained snowmobiles, sanitized helmet, goggles, and a small backpack. Winter outerwear, including insulated coveralls, gloves, and winter boots are outfitted for all guests. Snowshoes and trekking poles are provided for all guests as well. Warm up with hot beverages and a del-style lunch provided.
Snowmobile drivers must be 16 years of age or older. Guests under 18 must be accompanied by an adult and the tour age minimum for this excursion is 8 years old. Guests are required to have a reasonable level of fitness and be able to walk on uneven terrain throughout the tour.
Duration: 6 hours (Roundtrip from the tour operator's office in Seward.)
- Professional Guide
- Well maintained, late model machines
- Sanitized helmet, goggles, and small backpack
- Winter outerwear - insulated coveralls, gloves, and winter boots
- Snowshoes and trekking poles
- Deli-style lunch - turkey wrap, granola bar, and piece of fruit (dietary options available upon request)
- Hot drinks (tea, coffee, cocoa, apple cider)
- Participants must have a reasonable level of fitness and be able to walk on uneven terrain
- Snowmobiles have a 350 pound/158 kilogram total weight limit for single or double riders
- Guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
- Drivers must present a valid drivers license at time of check-in
Duration: 6 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 30 minutes - equipment and safety briefing
- 2.5 hours - snowmobiling
- 2.5 houra - snowshoeing
- 30 minutes - degear/return to Seward
- This tour meets at the operator's office in Seward. Pick up at your hotel, the cruise terminal, or the railroad depot can be arranged upon request. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not wheelchair or limited mobility accessible.
Is this tour suitable for young children?
You must be at least 8 years of age to participate in this tour. Drivers must be 16 years of age or older. Guests under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
What are the physical requirements for this tour?
Guests must have a reasonable level of fitness and be able to walk on uneven terrain.
Is there a weight limit for this tour?
Snowmobiles have a 350 pound/158 Kilogram total weight limit for single for double riders.
Can I bring a backpack?
Backpacks, small bags, and purses are allowed on this tour. If you elect to use your own backpack, it needs to be big enough to hold the helmet, harnass, crampons, etc. and have a waist strap.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Non-alcoholic beverages in a closeable containers and snacks are allowed on tour.
Are there restrooms on the tour?
There are no bathrooms in the backcountry, though facilities are available before and after your tour.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!