Give yourself the opportunity to view the largest glacier coming off the Harding Ice Field with this 30-minute scenic flight tour.
This is a unique Alaskan experience that should not be missed! Nestled among soaring, snow-covered peaks, the glacier rests above a remote lagoon studded with massive icebergs the size of houses.
Fly near old-growth forests, beautiful cascading waterfalls, and turquoise water surrounding a dramatic, frozen landscape carved and cut by millennia of ice advancing and retreating. Please note: Minimum of 2 passengers required to book. Maximum weight limit per seat: 300lbs
Duration: .5 hours (Roundtrip transportation. Flight Time: 30 minute scenic helicopter flight to Bear Glacier)
- Roundtrip transportation
- 30-minute helicopter flight to Bear Glacier
- Minimum of 2 people is required for this tour
- Maximum weight limit per seat: 300lbs
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Ability to enter and exit the helicopter with minimal assistance
- Signed liability waiver
Duration: 30 minutes. Tour times below are approximate:
- 30-minute scenic helicopter flight to Bear Glacier and Aialik Glacier
- This tour meets at the airport office. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to enter and exit the helicopter with minimal assistance. There is no storage available for motorized scooters or wheelchairs. These must be left at our airport office. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
What time of day do you recommend booking your trip?
In general, we recommend booking your trips in the morning so that if we do encounter weather problems we can push your tour back to later in the day. We have tour times throughout the day. Otherwise, we recommend choosing a departure that would work best with your schedule.
Can you hold my luggage for me?
For a worry-free day, we highly recommend storing your luggage at your hotel or the Seward Train Depot before embarking on the tour. We also recommend seeing if your cruise line can transfer your bags directly to your hotel or the Train Depot for you. We can hold your luggage, but only during the time of the tour.
Is there a weight limit for passengers?
Yes. We have a 300lbs weight limit per seat.
Can I fly if I am over 300lbs?
No. Due to FAA regulations for the helicopters that we fly, we cannot fly anyone over 300lbs. This weight includes all clothes/gear guest may be wearing.
Is there an age limit for passengers?
No. Passengers under 24 months are required to sit on a guardian's lap. You must be able to get in and out of the helicopter without assistance.
Do you fly if it is raining?
We fly as long as visibility permits us to do so. Our flights generally go out unless there is a considerable amount of cloud coverage or high winds. We have an impeccable safety record and only fly if the conditions warrant.
How many passengers ride in the helicopter together?
Our helicopters can accommodate 3 passengers in addition to the pilot. There are two seats in the back and one located in the front next to the pilot, so everyone gets a window seat!
How many helicopters do you have available?
There are 2 helicopters available throughout most of the summer season. If you are part of a large group and give us advance warning, we will try to make more machines available.
What type of helicopters do you fly?
We fly Robinson 44 helicopters.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!