On this beautiful 45-minute scenic tour you will fly over the Bear Glacier and Aialik Glacier areas.
Not only is Bear Glacier the largest glacier coming off the Harding Icefield, its lagoon features impressive and expansive icebergs that you can see from the air. This glacier is the most East and marks the beginning of the Kenai Fjords National Park. It measures at 13 miles long and is a sight to behold!
You'll continue next to the Aialik Glacier. With an impressive ice wall that is over 500 feet high, watch for calving on this incredible glacier. You'll have a chance to get up close to icebergs on this stunning tour, so have your cameras ready! There is also a lot of wildlife in this area, so keep a lookout and take some time to appreciate the grandeur of Alaska's environments on this flight!
Please note: Minimum of 2 passengers required to book. Maximum weight limit per seat: 300lbs
Duration: .75 hours (Roundtrip transportation. Flight Time: 45 minutes.)
- Roundtrip transportation
- 45-minute helicopter flight
- Minimum of 2 people is required for this tour
- Maximum weight limit per seat: 300lbs
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Ability to enter and exit the helicopter with minimal assistance
- Signed liability waiver
Duration: 45 minutes. Tour times below are approximate:
- 45-minute scenic helicopter flight over the Bear Glacier and Aialik Glacier
- This tour meets at the airport office. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to enter and exit the helicopter with minimal assistance. There is no storage available for motorized scooters or wheelchairs. These must be left at our airport office. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
What time of day do you recommend booking your trip?
In general, we recommend booking your trips in the morning so that if we do encouter weather problems we can push your tour back later in the day. We have tour times thorughout the day, however, so book whatever works best with your schedule.
Is there a weight limit for passengers?
Yes. We have a 300lbs weight limit per seat.
Can I fly if I am over 300lbs?
No. Due to FAA regulations for the helicopters that we fly, we cannot fly anyone over 300lbs. This weight includes all clothes/gear guest may be wearing.
Is there an age limit for passengers?
No. Passengers under 24 months are required to sit on a guardian's lap. You must be able to get in and out of the helicopter without assistance.
Do you fly if it is raining?
We fly as long as visibility permits us to do so. Our flights generally go out unless there is a considerable amount of cloud coverage or high winds. We have an impeccable safety record and only fly if the conditions warrant.
How many passengers ride in the helicopter together?
Our helicopters can accommodate 3 passengers in addition to the pilot. There are two seats in the back and one located in the front next to the pilot, so everyone gets a window seat!
How many helicopters do you have available?
There are 2 helicopters available throughout most of the summer season. If you are part of a large group and give us advance warning, we will try to make more machines available.
What type of helicopters do you fly?
We fly Robinson 44 helicopters.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!