Enjoy a food tasting tour like no other. Your experienced local guide will walk you through secret corner shops, down narrow corridors, and back alleys. Learn about the area, as your guide shares entertaining facts and personal stories. With quite a checkered history and legendary characters, you will be sure to let out more than a few laughs while learning about what made Pike Place what it is today.
Trace the market way back to its humble beginnings, and learn about the matriarchs of the flagship merchants. Revel in the details of the first major expansion of the market in 1911. Hear about the impacts of the World War II era, along with the second expansion in the 1970's.
This is a food tour, so make sure to bring your appetite. You will have plenty of opportunity to taste your way through the Pike Place Market. Food offerings may vary, but may include samples from Honest Biscuit & Bottega Italiana, Greek yogurt, fish, chowder, amazing burgers, Bavarian meats, and various other treats.
Duration: 2.5 hours (Tour meets at the Pike Place Market)
- At least eight different food samplings from Pike Place Market.
- Lineup is subject to change
- Advise of any allergies or dietary restrictions in advance by leaving a note during checkout.
Duration: 2. 5 hours
- Approximately 15-20 minutes for tasting at each location, of which no less than eight will be vistied.
- Specific stops and order to subject to change per individual tour guide discretion.
- This tour meets at Pike Place Market. Transportation to the market is not included. Fully detailed instructions will be included in your finalized ticket vouchers.
- This tour is not limited mobility accessible. Guests need to be able to climb some stairs and walk a majority of the tour on sometimes uneven surfaces.
What if it rains?
Tour operates in the rain or sunshine.
Are restrooms available during this tour?
While there is not any scheduled restroom breaks during the tour, the market is equipped with restrooms available for use during market hours.
Are there any age restrictions for this tour?
There are no age restriction for this tour. Any kids age 5 and under eat free, but still need to be booked as a guest during checkout.
How often does this tour operate?
This tour runs daily with departures at 10 AM and 2 PM.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!