Your excursion begins with a guided tour of the Aurora Ice Museum, which was created from over 1,000 tons of ice and snow! The museum is open year-round and is always kept at a temperature of 25Ã Fahrenheit (-7Ã Celsius). Prepare to be amazed by the glorious ice sculptures that were created over 10 years ago and have been maintained since. While in the museum, guests 21 years and older can purchase an apple martini served in a glass carved from ice at the Aurora Ice Bar. Please note that the drinks are not included in the cost of the tour.
Next, your guide will take you over to the restaurant and bar area, where you'll be shown to the table that we have reserved for the group. Enjoy some lunch from the restaurant or a drink from the bar (not included in the price) and spend the afternoon chatting with other guests from around the world. Don't miss the chance to soak in the healing mineral waters of the outdoor hot springs or indoor hot tubs. You won't want to miss the gift shop where you can purchase locally-made Alaskan art and goods.
Take a fascinating tour of the resort's geothermal energy plant and learn about the multi-faceted renewable energy projects that allow the resort to be self-sustainable. You can also take a walk around the resort along the many trails and enjoy the incredible rural Alaskan scenery. Don't forget to keep an eye out for wildlife!
Duration: 7.5 hours (Roundtrip from local hotel)
- Pick up/drop off from within the city limits of Fairbanks or North Pole
- Admission to the Hot Springs
- Geothermal Energy Tour
- Entrance to the Aurora Ice Museum
- Bathing suit
- Bath towel
- 50 Cents for the locker (2 quarters)
- Valid photo ID (required if you plan to purchase alcohol)
- Shower slippers for the hot springs (If needed)
- Children under 18 and pregnant people are not allowed in the outside hot springs, but can use the indoor pool
Duration: 7.5 hours. Highlights:
- Transportation to Chena Hot Springs Resort
- Swim and soak
- Aurora Ice Museum
- Return transportation to local hotel
- Hotel pick-up from within Fairbanks or North Pole city limits. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Only folding wheelchairs are allowed due to the size of the van/bus. Please advise us in advance if you have any special requirements in relation to mobility issues.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!