This tour begins in Fairbanks and makes a scenic drive to the famous Chena Hot Spring Resort which is located 60 miles from downtown Fairbanks. At the Chena Hot Springs Resort, soak yourself in the legendary healing mineral waters that Chena offers and have a relaxing time in the swimming pool, hot tubs, and Rock Lake. You can also take a tour to learn about the multi-faceted renewable energy projects which build-up towards the full self-sustainability of the resort.
Next, enjoy the guided tour through the Aurora Ice Museum which was created from over 1,000 tons of ice and snow! The museum is open year-round and is always kept at a temperature of 25Ã Fahrenheit (-7Ã Celsius). Be awestruck by the glorious sculptures that are created and maintained for over 10 years! While in the Aurora Ice Museum, guests 21 years and older can purchase an appletini martini that is served in real ice "glassware" at the Aurora Ice Bar which has caribou fur covered stools by the ice fireplace! Please note that the drinks are not included in the cost of the tour and are approximately per person.
Chena Hot Springs Resort offers a wonderful restaurant (not included in price) and a gift shop where you may find locally made Alaskan Art. If you want all the comforts of home, as well as the beauty and wonder of Alaska, the Chena Hot Spring Resort tour is a must!
Duration: 7.5 hours (Roundtrip from local hotel)
- Pick up/drop off within the city limits of Fairbanks or North Pole
- Admission to the Hot Springs
- Geothermal Energy Tour
- Entrance to the Aurora Ice Museum
- Minimum age: 7 years
- Bathing suit
- Bath towel
- 50 Cents for the locker (2 quarters)
- Picture ID for the cocktail in the ice museum (If wanted, it has to be purchased separately)
- Shower slippers for the hot springs (If needed)
- Children under 18 and pregnant women are not allowed in the outside hot springs, but can use the indoor pool
Duration: 7.5 hours.
- Transportation to Chena Hot Springs Resort
- Swim and soak
- Aurora Ice Museum
- Return transportation to local hotel
- Hotel pick-up in the 99701 zip code area. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Only folding wheelchairs are allowed due to the size of the van/bus. Please advise us in advance if you have special requirements as we may be able to accommodate.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!