Board one of our comfortable tour vans and experience the beauty of Interior Alaska! Sit back and relax while your knowledgeable guide narrates your tour from Fairbanks to Summit Lake.
As you drive through the interior, stunning mountain peaks and waterways will take your breath away. You'll see incredible panoramas throughout the day on your journey, so you definitely won't want to forget your camera!
You'll enjoy learning about local history and culture at Big Delta State Historical Park before heading to the small city of Delta Junction. You can grab a bite to eat at a local eatery Ã ask your guide for a recommendation! Ã and learn about the Gold Rush at Sullivan's Roadhouse Historical Museum.
Finally, you'll arrive at beautiful Summit Lake, which sits at an elevation of 3300 feet, for an experience you will not forget. This glacially fed lake is indescribably beautiful, remote, and peaceful.
Be sure to keep an eye out for wildlife including bears, caribou, moose, and bison. If you'd like an authentic Alaskan experience from start to finish, this tour is perfect for you!
Tour highlights include Salcha, Delta Junction, the Alaska Pipeline, Paxson Lake, the Rainbow Mountains, and more.
Duration: 10-12 hours (Roundtrip from local hotel)
- Pick up/drop off at local hotel within the city limits of Fairbanks or North Pole
- Snacks and bottled water
- Age requirement: 18 years or older
Duration: 10-12 hours. Highlights:
- Pick up from local hotel within the Fairbanks or North Pole city limits
- Delta Junction
- Trans-Alaska Pipeline
- Paxson Lake
- Local historical sites
- The Rainbow Mountains
- Return transportation to local hotel
- Hotel pick-up from within Fairbanks or North Pole city limits . Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not wheelchair or limited mobility accessible. Guests should be able to enter and exit a tour van with limited assistance. Please contact us with any questions about accessibility.
Will I see wildlife?
While wildlife is not guaranteed, it is not uncommon to spot wildlife on this tour.
Is food included on this tour?
Snacks and bottled water are provided. There will be a stop for lunch, which is not included in the price of the tour. You are also more than welcome to bring your own food and drink along.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!