Don't miss your chance to cross the Arctic Circle and explore Alaska's untouched nature and wilderness! This once-in-a-lifetime day trip adventure begins with pick-up at your local hotel.
This tour travels along the famous Dalton Highway, featured in the History Channel's TV show "Ice Road Truckers." You'll see why the remote, rugged scenery inspired Alaska's nickname of the Last Frontier.
Your stop at the Trans-Alaska Pipeline viewing point will teach you all about this engineering marvel that revolutionized the Alaskan industry. Enjoy commentary from your knowledgeable guide along the way!
On your way to the Arctic Circle, you'll see a portion of the massive Yukon River, which flows from British Columbia through the Yukon and Alaska and empties into the Bering Sea. The river is one of the longest in North America and was vital for transportation during the Klondike Gold Rush.
You'll have the opportunity to take a stroll around Finger Mountain, which is not actually a mountain but a finger-shaped geographical formation. From this viewpoint, you can overlook the vast, expansive arctic tundra.
Along the tour, keep an eye out for Alaskan wildlife such as moose, bears, caribou, or wolves!
When you finally reach the Arctic Circle, where the summer nights are bright and the winters are entirely dark, you'll receive your "Cross the Arctic Circle" certificate. Don't forget your camera so you can have your photo taken with the world-famous signpost.
Duration: 12-14 hours (Roundtrip from local hotel)
- Pick up/drop off within the city limits of Fairbanks or North Pole
- Snacks and water
- Cross the Arctic Circle certificate
- We'll stop at a Fairbanks grocery store to purchase food for a picnic lunch, which is not included in the tour price. You are also welcome to pack your own lunch.
- This tour is not recommended for children under 10.
- A minimum of 4 people is required to run the tour. If minimum numbers are not met, you will be offered either an alternative tour date or a full refund.
- Not recommended for guests with back, hip, or knee problems
Duration: 12-14 hours. Highlights:
- Pick up from local hotel within Fairbanks or North Pole city limits
- Trans-Alaska Pipeline viewing point
- Yukon River
- Finger Mountain (alpine tundra viewing)
- Dalton Highway
- Return transportation to local hotel
- Hotel pick-up within the Fairbanks or North Pole city limits. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not wheelchair or limited mobility accessible. Guests should be able to enter and exit a tour van with limited assistance. Please contact us with any questions about accessibility.
Will I see wildlife?
While wildlife is not guaranteed, it is not uncommon to spot wildlife on this tour.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!