The White Mountains National Recreation Area is home to many trails that are around 200 miles. The Wickersham Dome Trail is one of the most popular hiking trails in the White Mountains and it is located just 28 miles away from Fairbanks. We will head to the north on the Elliott Highway.
Wickersham Dome hiking trail offers stunning scenery, peaceful solitude and outstanding opportunities for those with a taste of adventure. The boreal forest offers a mix of white and black spruce, birch and aspen as well as alpine country. Don't forget to stop and observe as you go up in open and higher elevations. Amazing panoramic views of hills and ranges are waiting for you!
In between late summer and early fall, you will be surrounded by a colorful arctic landscape and you may be able to pick blueberries, cranberries and crowberries. Along the way, you will find many different plants including azaleas and other wildflowers. We may even spot some wildlife such as moose, snowshoe hare, owls, hawks or even a bald eagle.
Your guide will give you plenty of photo opportunities and also enough time to explore the beautiful surroundings.
Duration: 6-8 hours (Roundtrip from local hotel)
- Pick up/drop off within the city limits of Fairbanks or North Pole
- Licensed and experienced local guide
- State park and parking fees
- Snacks and beverages
- Minimum of 2 people required to operate the tour
- Recommendations for your packing list: layered clothing, raincoat, sturdy closed shoes, backpack, hat, insect repellant, sunscreen, and energy bars
- Bring hiking/trekking poles if wanted
Duration: 7.5 hours.
- Transportation to Wickersham Dome Trail
- Wickersham Dome Trail Hiking
- Return transportation to local hotel
- Hotel pick-up in the 99701 zip code area. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not wheelchair or limited mobility accessible.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!