**THIS TOUR IS NOW ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS FOR THE 2022 SEASON**
Are you looking for a moderate to strenuous hiking course? Join us and hike the 3.5 mile Angel Rocks Trail with us! Angel Rocks is one of the greatest hiking trails offering a unique opportunity to view the spectacular scenery of the Interior of Alaska. We will pick you up from your hotel and will head east of Fairbanks for about 55 miles. The trail is located in the glorious Chena River Recreation Area.
Starting at the trail head parking lot the hike leads us along the Chena River. After passing a small stream over mossy rocks, the trail climbs uphill winding past a large valley overlooking tor. The beginning of the trail is wide and maintained then it turns into a typical footpath that is well marked with rock cairns. This beautiful trail leads you through amazing rock formations.
Angel Rock is famous for its many rock outcrops and granite tors which were formed over thousands and thousands of years and tower over the Angel Creek Valley offering wonderful vistas and a place to catch your breath and take pictures. At the top, 1.8 miles from the trail head, the trail runs along the ridge. The area around the rocks is pleasant, the stunning view from Angel Rocks down into the Angel Creek Valley is gorgeous, the ridge that follows Chena Dome Trail is just fantastic. We will have ample time and opportunities to do some exploring of the area and learn about the ecosystem. There is always a good chance to spot wildlife such as beavers, grouse, moose, black or grizzly bears but not guaranteed.
Duration: 4-6 hours (Roundtrip from local hotel)
- Pick up/drop off within the city limits of Fairbanks or North Pole
- Licensed and experienced local guide
- Live commentary
- Snacks and beverages
- Recommendations for your packing list: layered clothing, raincoat, sturdy closed shoes, backpack, hat, insect repellant, sunscreen, and energy bars
- Bring hiking/trekking poles if wanted
Duration: 4-6 hours.
- Transportation to Angel Rocks Trail
- Angel Rocks Hiking
- Return transportation to local hotel
- Hotel pick-up in the 99701 zip code area. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not wheelchair or limited mobility accessible.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!