This two-mile hike is ideal for travelers who wish to experience the Alaskan wilderness up close and personal. Enjoy conversation with your local guide and fellow hikers as you make your way through the Southeast Alaskan rainforest. Spend some time beach-combing along the ocean keeping an eye out for some local wildlife.
The first mile starts at the flat muskeg trail head, heading downhill and winding through the the beautiful rainforest of red cedar, Sitka spruce, and hemlock. The trail opens up to a sprawling rural beach that can only be reached by foot or boat. Here you will be able to take some time to investigate the beach and keep an eye out for the local wildlife, including eagles, seals, sea lions, and whales!
This tour picks up from the docks and includes round trip transportation to the trailhead and back.
Duration: 3 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal.)
- Roundtrip transportation from cruise ship terminal
- Bottled water and trail mix
- If needed: day packs, trekking poles, and ponchos
- 1 set of binoculars on hand
- Guests must be able to hike unassisted and walk without a walker. Trekiking poles are available on request.
Duration: 3 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 30 minute drive to trail head
- 30 minute hike to beach
- 30-45 minutes to explore beach
- 30 minute hike back to car
- 30 minute drive back to cruise ship terminals
- 15 minute allotted for traffic and restroom breaks
- This tour meets on the cruise ship dock. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not wheelchair or limited mobility accessible.
Which beach will we be hiking to?
The Coast Guard Beach. It is only accessible by foot or by boat!
Will I see any wildlife on this tour?
The best place to see wildlife on this tour would be at the beach. At the beach you will have a chance of seeing seals, martins, sea lions, or whales. Wildlife is not guaranteed on this tour.
Is this tour ADA acessible?
This tour is not ADA accessible. Wheelchairs, walkers, or motorized scooters can not be accommodated.
Can I bring a backpack?
Backpacks, small bags, and purses are allowed on this tour.
Are food and drink included?
Bottled water and trailmix are available.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!