Join us for an evening of adventure 225 miles north to the isolated community of Bettles, Alaska. Located 35 miles north of the Arctic Circle in the foothills of the Brooks Range, Bettles was founded during Alaska's last great gold rush in 1898, then grew into a strategic aviation hub during WWII.
Now home to just a dozen year-round residents, Bettles is rich with history and surrounded by one of the last pristine wilderness areas in America. The historic Bettles Lodge serves amazing dinners and offers guided tours of the town and the neighboring native village of Evansville. Don't miss your chance to experience the Alaskan lifestyle "off the grid."
Flown by expert Alaskan Bush Pilots. Every flight is fully interactive with voice activate headsets and large windows, and there are lots of sight-seeing opportunities during the flight.
Tour is subject to favorable weather. The decision to fly is generally made one hour before the tour. Guests will be notified if the tour is cancelled, and will receive a full refund.
Please note: Transportation provided from most area hotels (Aspen Haus Bed and Breakfast, Cabins at Denali, Carlo Creek Lodge, Crow's Nest Cabins, Denali Bluffs Hotel, Denali Cabins, Denali Dome Home Bed and Breakfast, Denali Faith Hill Lodge, Denali Grizzly Bear Resort, Denali Lake View Inn, Denali National Park Wilderness Access Center, Denali Park Hotel, Denali Park Village, Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge, Denali RV Park and Motel, Denali Touch of Wilderness B&B, EarthSong Lodge, Grande Denali Lodge, McKinley Chalet Resort, Miners Market Gas Station, Nord Haven Motel, Totem Inn, White Moose Lodge).
Duration: 5 hours (Round trip transportation from hotel. Flight time: 1.5 hours roundtrip.)
- Roundtrip transportation from hotel
- Headsets to listen to the narration by your pilot
- Artic Circle Crossing certificate
- Dinner at the lodge in Bettles is not included, but is available for purchase
Duration: 5 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 30 minutes - 1 hour pickup from hotel
- 75 minues flight time roundtrip
- 2 hours in Bettles
- This tour meets at several locations. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. With limited assistance, guests must be able to step into and out of vehicles and aircraft. There is space for collapsible wheelchairs and walkers. There is no storage available for motorized scooters. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
Do I get a certificate that says I visited the Arctic Circle?
Yes! All guests receive an honorary certificate saying that they crossed over the Arctic Circle!
Can I bring a backpack?
Small bags are allowed on the flight. Large bags must be left at the hotel.
Can I bring my own food and drink?
Food and drink are not allowed onto the aircraft; however, you will have the opportunity to purchase food upon arrival in Bettles.
Are food and drink included?
Food and drink are not included.
Are there child prices?
Adult and child prices are the same for this tour.
What type of clothing should I wear?
Layered clothing, hats, gloves and sunglasses are strongly recommended.
Do I have to eat dinner at the lodge?
No. However, guests are welcome to purchase dinner at the lodge at their discretion.
Will I get a window seat?
Yes! All of our seats are window seats.
Will I be able to communicate with the pilor?
Of course. Each passenger will have a two-way headset to communicate with the pilot.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!